BOSSOBASS Raptor system 3

Madaeel

AWESOME! Thanks for capping the snow plow scene. It's one of my favorite, too (Wolverine soundtrack).

I ran a gif of the comparison. You have a dip at 45 Hz and I have a dip at 60 Hz but from 40 Hz down we're spot on with the digits, allowing a bit for you mic roll off. This shit never gets old for me. SpecLab is amazing software.

ee68053621a26daa42277dc42600557c.gif

Ping me with the date and details if you get a chance... I'd love to see you guys again and meet the Dominator.

Good deal.

Dang. That IS close! Man I told Jazzy I think I'm gonna try to do one Speclab cap a day. I love seeing what I'm hearing and feeling. It's so damn cool.

It's odd I guess if I didn't notice it the first time I watched it but this soundtrack is amazing. In that plane scene the surrounds were used perfectly. I felt like I was on that plane. The level and effects were great. Now I need to watch that whole movie at the same level.

I'm gonna give you a call this weekend if you're gonna be around.

Lol, Dominator!

If it happens, it will be Saturday, june the 13th or 14th. Would be great to meet both of you guys! :)

Works for me just lmk. I'd like to pick your brain while you're here about SIL. :)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I posted these at Dom's thread at AVS as well.  Here are some scenes in my room.

Dave I just noticed you used the plane crash scene for the distortion thread because I just ran it.

Here are the speclabs(all at reference with subs flat to speakers) of WOTW: Lightning Strikes

capt1505210342_zpsnvztqdmc.jpg

capt1505210346_zpsu66r8vll.jpg

Bridge collapse

capt1505210352_zpsjajpocxw.jpg

Plane Crash

capt1505210356_zpsr9govzon.jpg

capt1505210357_zpsliysfqxl.jpg

X-men:FC beach

capt1505210415_zpslugb99f6.jpg

capt1505210416_zps2luqrj06.jpg

capt1505210417_zps9nh63ofn.jpg

Oh snap James! That extension is beautiful. WotW is a beast plain and simple. It and TIH are untouchable.

Not sure bout the color graph. What are you using to post the graphs? Hit Paul up I'm sure he'll know.

Thanks, my room is awesome for bass especially adding the wall and rear subs(not nearfield at center seat but nearfield at the ends). I guess I am still running hot on the spec lab but if I keep the same settings I still can show the differences between movies in extension and volume.  WotW is my go to reference disc and I always forget TIH but that is a monster as well.  I am really liking 9 as a repeat movie because it has 5 star everything and only lasts 80 minutes when I need a quick movie before bed.  I have The Wolverine but not extended edition so I won't bother posting it.  I don't use bass management in my AVR as everything is set to large so my Outlaw works great except it drops the audio for a split second once or twice during the movie. It has  a -3 dB point of 2hz.  I must have a diamond in the ruff clone as well with less rolloff and it just gives my room a beating. I am running the front wall at 2 ohms on channel one and the back 4 subs at 4 ohms on channel 2. Since these are in enormous enclosures I never go beyond the -10 LED on either channel with a movie at 10 dB hot.  I have not watched the big boys yet like WOTW and TIH though. I was lucky that each channel's gain is exactly the same to equal in level when measured with REW. 

Oh yah that's what Paul told me to do too. Use paint and post it from there.

Hey James you always run hot when watching a movie right? Curious if even on your riser you feel much at reference with the subs flat?

Yes, I feel the bass even flat but 10 dB hot is just nuts but shakes the crap out of my screen or projector, I am not sure which one. 

Yes, I feel the bass even flat but 10 dB hot is just nuts but shakes the crap out of my screen or projector, I am not sure which one. 

Yah I got the same problem. The downside to pj's I guess. I can't imgaine any decoupling is gonna change that either. Mine is bad between 20-25hz. That Wolverine snow plow scene was bad. Funny thing is I don't remember yours shaking that bad when we were demoing at your house.

I've got a ton of weights on my freestanding stand for my projector. Still shakes with high SPL/low frequencies.

Haha yah than no amount of rubber or clips will help me. I was gonna ask Brandon or Luke if theirs did but if yours does too I know I'm sol. :lol:

That is because it never did as bad or I just have much more low end which I think is the case.

That's true. Or maybe what we listened to didn't have as much bass centered at its resonance. Mine doesn't do it enough I wanna switch back to large TV's. ;)

I know Adam Likes TF2 and with BEQ it sounds awesome!  Yes, The cal file worked and it rolls off just like my in room response.  Rising response with it peaking around 5 dB at 5-11hz and the signal chain starts dropping under 4hz. Thanks for the help!  These are very cool. Last time I ran them my signal chain dropped at 7hz.

Archived