36 members have voted

1. 1. Execution

• 5 Stars
    • 4 Stars
    • 3 Stars
    • 2 Stars
    • 1 Star
  2. 2. Recommendation

Mission:Impossible Rogue Nation - Dolby ATMOS (TrueHD 7.1 Analyzed)

Level - 4 Stars (110.45dB composite)

Extension - 5 Stars (1Hz)

Dynamics - 4 Stars (26.57dB)

Execution - TBD

Overall - TBD

post-20-0-67047400-1450273134.jpg

Comments - Terrific technical production value here.  No clipping found.  Great use of rear channels, with some very strong hits in both rear surrounds.  While the level was kept in check and not as loud as the loudest out there, I will take this clean presentation over a loud, clipped mess any time.  The more fidelity in your playback system, the more you will appreciate this.

ULF Highlight (for those that can resolve it: 1:02:00 to 1:07:30.  It is there on purpose, and a small room with lots of displacement and 3Hz capability will know it is there.

Midbass Highlight ~1hr 14min.  If you don't have any suckouts in the 100-200Hz region, this will rattle you.

Great to see a few films this year with LF extension and clean presentations, especially in 'blockbuster' type films.

JSS

Try reloading a bunch of times to see if the images come up.  I edited my post and put some attachments in but I couldn't fit the last one because I'm out of storage space.  :mellow:  When is DB going to upgrade to unlimited attachments like other forums?  I'd like to post this stuff in HD instead of having it compressed by image hosting sites. 

This was a terrific soundtrack! I heard no clipping or distortion anywhere, it was clean and crisp and the dynamics were fantastic. Bass level was a tad low compared to some, but just turn the sub up a little bit. After that is was pure joy all the way, with excellent extension and dynamics. The water turbine sequence offers some serious use of ULF. 

Definitely a 5/5 in my book, a reference-grade track. If your system is Atmos-compatible (mine is not) I suspect you'll get even more thrill out of it. 

Superb dynamic mix but I don't think this was a bass fest. To be frank, it was only subtle and never felt hard hitting or pressurised like JW or The Incredible Hulk or WoTW or even animated flicks like The Incredibles. Maybe I shouldn't have played the first bomb drop scene from the Wolverine prior to watching this. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived