BOSSOBASS Raptor system 3

Madaeel

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's the same scene (1:28:00 - 1:30:00) done with Bosso's file and on my upstairs PC that has no filter whatsoever.

post-1224-0-80819500-1439141524.jpg

I really don't understand how you're not getting some lowend but I am.

I did however notice that the DD51 track has NO ULF at all but the 7.1 has a decent amount of ULF.

Please let me know if you find out anything.

post-1224-0-80819500-1439141524_thumb.jpg

Ahh, so if I understand right, the rental version only has the DD 5.1 track, which appears to be filtered at 30 Hz?  Actually, it looks like they did more than filter it.  I wonder if some extra clipping showed up there?  Perhaps the filter was applied to try to reduce some of that clipping?  Clearly it didn't do the job well enough.  Ugh, why can't they just increase the monitoring level (increase the mix headroom) instead of trying to force 7.1 channels into 5.1?

It's right :) The rental conundrum strikes again!!! This is truly unfortunate though. This was one disc I knew I was to purchase as the wife loves the series (read all the books), but otherwise it would have been a redbox or other for me. Looks like I'll just be shelling out the dough for the full discs from now on to take that issue out of the equation. I'll be posting quite a few titles in the classies to try and recoup my money in certain cases.

Madaeel,

Do yourself a favor a get "Dragon Blade"...NOTHING compares to it at 10HZ and lower...NOTHING!

I hope some with very capable low end output try this movie out and give some feedback.

Done. :)

James is that off the disc or the subs? That IS a monster. This and Dragon Blade are insane. Wish the big budget action flicks would follow suit.

It should be on Vudu by now then.  It was listed on trailers and all the upcoming movies are there.  I use Vudu when the movie lacks bass unless I really like it then I buy it on Bluray or has good to great bass.  Insurgent had good to great bass.  That one scene was really powerful, second graph.  I

No it's the one with Jackie and John. It's shipping from Hong Kong and the estimated date is September though. For another $10 it would be end of August but I'll wait another week or two. Plus Jazzy will be gone all of September so it'll be a good time to let the Raptors loose. ;)

Dragon Blade has been out for some time now. I saw it in late March I think. It came out in February in China and says Sept for release in US.

I tend to watch a lot of foreign films and a lot of Asian anime also. I am going to go see the live action adaptation of Attack on Titan in the theaters in about a week. I hope it is a good movie but I hope for the best that the sound engineer knows what he is doing. I know the movie wont match the anime story but the anime didnt match the comics either.

Fingers crossed.

Archived