Harbottle Audio Group Buy 24UHT Closes March 31st 2021 11:59:59 PM

Jeff L

First lot sold

30 in 2nd run, there won't be another after this.

MOQ is 12. There is now a counter on the sign up page so you can see where the buy is currently.

$1891.23 Canadian per shipped anywhere in North America. please note the exchange rate is the reason is shown in Canadian. The USD price will fluctuate with the exchange rate. So it could go up a little or down a little depending on when you purchase.

To sign up http://www.harbottleaudio.com/24vuht-sale.html

Fs
Re
4.4(2x2.2)
Qms
Qes
Qts
Sd
Vas
Le
Mms
Bl
Xmax
Xmech
Cms
Rms
Sensitivity/W
Sensitivity
@2.83V

IMG_20201103_170616_136.jpg

If I had some cash lying around, I would be tempted by this.  The driver looks a similar to the ones I own except that this one has a lot more Mms and maybe a tiny bit less BL^/Re.  High frequency efficiency is probably -3 dB lower on this one than mine, but it should be similar or greater in efficiency to mine at low frequencies and may have less distortion too.

And now you're thinking of doing the 24"?  Funk's 24" are monsters!  I hope you can post the updated specs.

On 11/8/2020 at 5:59 AM, SME said:

If I had some cash lying around, I would be tempted by this.  The driver looks a similar to the ones I own except that this one has a lot more Mms and maybe a tiny bit less BL^/Re.  High frequency efficiency is probably -3 dB lower on this one than mine, but it should be similar or greater in efficiency to mine at low frequencies and may have less distortion too.

And now you're thinking of doing the 24"?  Funk's 24" are monsters!  I hope you can post the updated specs.

Well I had a few people say they weren't interested in 21's but 24's maybe..... still crickets. Those specs on the first post are straight from Harbottle for the 24UHT.

9 hours ago, Jeff L said:

Well I had a few people say they weren't interested in 21's but 24's maybe..... still crickets. Those specs on the first post are straight from Harbottle for the 24UHT.

Thanks for the clarification!  And it's probably best to disregard what I said above.  I don't think this is the same driver as in Funk's top-of-the-line 24s, but I may be wrong.  It should still perform very well with a big enough box and enough power.  Is there a power handling spec?

11 hours ago, SME said:

Thanks for the clarification!  And it's probably best to disregard what I said above.  I don't think this is the same driver as in Funk's top-of-the-line 24s, but I may be wrong.  It should still perform very well with a big enough box and enough power.  Is there a power handling spec?

1500--3000RMS, This has the same shorting sleeve as the vU, the magnets of the UHT are half the thickness of the vU, per Nathan and is where some of the savings come in. It's designed for HT where the vU would probably please a music only audiophile as well as a HT guy but at a much higher price.

I have a thread at AVS for the buy and Nathan has made a few posts there. We have 3 solid driver sales so if you have space for one let me know.

https://www.avsforum.com/threads/harbottle-audio-group-buy-24uht.3171779/

• Like 1

On 11/3/2020 at 11:23 PM, Funk Audio said:

You can see how the early version of this did for seeing what kind of excursion the GUJ platform is capable of here;

https://data-bass.com/#/systems/5c2682df1cefb00004803ab5?_k=4sikz2

You can see it can out travel the dual IPAL21 tested, and this version has over twice the normalized motor strength.

Well thanks for this. BC IPAL's are the best value for myself and where I live. The IPAL pair would be the same price as a delivered 24UHT.  So if the 21" version kept up with the 21IPALS down low then the 24 should be a better option for me if I can swing the payment right now. Above 40-50hz the IPALS run away from the 24" but I'm only after ULF in a sealed alignment.

Would @Ricci have time to ever test a 24uht?

I looked at possibly getting one and having one shipped to him. Although I would then have to get a quote for shipping from Ricci to myself in Australia. Either way I'm not in a hurry for a build yet as I have a lot going on. SO I have plenty of time if he is interested.

1 hour ago, chrapladm said:

Well thanks for this. BC IPAL's are the best value for myself and where I live. The IPAL pair would be the same price as a delivered 24UHT.  So if the 21" version kept up with the 21IPALS down low then the 24 should be a better option for me if I can swing the payment right now. Above 40-50hz the IPALS run away from the 24" but I'm only after ULF in a sealed alignment.

Would @Ricci have time to ever test a 24uht?

I looked at possibly getting one and having one shipped to him. Although I would then have to get a quote for shipping from Ricci to myself in Australia. Either way I'm not in a hurry for a build yet as I have a lot going on. SO I have plenty of time if he is interested.

Last I talked to Josh, sounded like he would be game for my idea, if only this covid thing would go away already.... maybe one day hopefully.

I suggested to fly him and his gear up here, we have a suitable area to test, and for the cost of sending him a couple things we could do, well everything we can manage to have prepped 🤪.

• Like 1

Chris was just trying to see how far the 24 would go. It will be the spring before it comes to fruition. I'm considering putting them in sealed cabs along with the 4 6021. Save a little space and I can fit a 24 nearfield. This is hopefully the end of the road sub wise but the allure of buying new stuff is never ending, especially when the driver looks as badass as this one does.

As far as testing goes. There is nothing happening right now and for the immediate future. I've had to turn away a bunch of companies and projects since this time last year and I'm still sitting on a whole summers worth of testing from well previous to that. I'm not planning to be done completely, but after 10 years my priorities and other life goals have shifted and I can't find the hundreds of hours to put into testing, and publishing every year, like I once did. 

• Like 2

Thank you for the time and effort over those 10 years.  Still kinda struggling with the reality of complex induction and oem vs consumer availability for drivers.  I want deep and clean.  HT/Music/Automotive/Nature sounds for sleep.  Will eventually reach out to Harbottle Audio for something underhung and nasty.  Data-bass helped me understand why that is hard to find in the consumer market.  Also understand why the price is north of what can be bought in a couple of mouse clicks.

• Like 1