maxmercy

The Low Frequency Content Thread (films, games, music, etc)

3,941 posts in this topic

Thanks MrEdge!  Is Kong a good movie?  Or just a bass-fest?

JSS

1 person likes this

I liked Kong. I mean it's an action movie about a giant ape fighting other giant creatures so it's not going to be the most cerebral or emotional film ever but it is a fun movie. I thought it was good when taken for what it is.

Thanks MrEdge!  Is Kong a good movie?  Or just a bass-fest?

JSS

It was pretty freaking awesome movie to me. I've watched a few times already and the bass helps make the ride even better.

1 person likes this

Has anyone else noticed that the new forum software update broke some things?  For starters, some of the links on the main page lead to nowhere useful.  But the worst part may be that several of the PvAs can't be viewed.

Oh man....that sucks.  I remember re-doing all the links when the data-bass was small and the first post was deleted, then nube re-did all the links about a year after that.

I really don't have time to do it again.

JSS

Yeah.  I don't suppose anyone here has any info on the software update and if any release notes came with it.

Anyway, I see two styles of links on the front page

http://data-bass.ipbhost.com/index.php?/topic/12-the-low-frequency-content-thread-films-games-music-etc/?p=269

http://data-bass.ipbhost.com/index.php?/topic/12-the-low-frequency-content-thread-films-games-music-etc/page-17#entry465

The latter example is broken, presumably because of a change in pagination of the content.

As for the PvA graphs, I don't know what's going on yet.  Some are broken, and some are not.

Edit: The other thing I noticed is that post Likes seem to be completely anonymized now for some reason.  Maybe that's a configurable option.

Well I've read two reviews of 'Dunkirk' that specifically mention extremely loud and deafening sound effects.  Sounds like Nolan hasn't learned his lesson from the feedback to Interstellar.

8 hours ago, minnjd said:

Well I've read two reviews of 'Dunkirk' that specifically mention extremely loud and deafening sound effects.  Sounds like Nolan hasn't learned his lesson from the feedback to Interstellar.

There is no "lesson to learn" for Nolan. The sound is exactly how he wants it, unfortunately.

Still.... looking forward to it. I can handle some good ol' fashioned "loud and deafening" IMAX sound. :D

On ‎7‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 7:25 PM, SME said:

Yeah.  I don't suppose anyone here has any info on the software update and if any release notes came with it.

Anyway, I see two styles of links on the front page

http://data-bass.ipbhost.com/index.php?/topic/12-the-low-frequency-content-thread-films-games-music-etc/?p=269

http://data-bass.ipbhost.com/index.php?/topic/12-the-low-frequency-content-thread-films-games-music-etc/page-17#entry465

The latter example is broken, presumably because of a change in pagination of the content.

As for the PvA graphs, I don't know what's going on yet.  Some are broken, and some are not.

Edit: The other thing I noticed is that post Likes seem to be completely anonymized now for some reason.  Maybe that's a configurable option.

Maybe try PMing Kyle. I don't know jack squat unfortunately.

On 7/18/2017 at 6:10 AM, minnjd said:

So it's safe to say this will be a Bass Fest when it's released on disc! Can't wait! B)

3 hours ago, Ricci said:

Maybe try PMing Kyle. I don't know jack squat unfortunately.

I went ahead and added a post in the proper sub-forum (imagine that) and PMed Kyle about it.

On 7/18/2017 at 7:10 AM, minnjd said:

This isn't really Nolan's problem, is it?  It's *every other* director's problem when cinemas turn the volume down permanently because of complaints during a Nolan movie showing.  :P

Well it's his problem when he has his mixers crank effects up so far that they become compressed, honky, clipped messes (DKR, Interstellar) with heavily filtered LFE's.

2 people like this

I think perhaps Mr Nolan needs to have a hearing test if he is consistently ruining, sorry, turning up mixes so he can hear them how he wants to.