Forum software update broke some things

SME

Hey Kyle,

I noticed that the forum software went through a big update.  I've noticed a few issues since then:

These are the things I've noticed so far.  If anyone else notices issues, please feel free to add a post to this thread.

Thanks, I'll ask invision to convert those URL's in the db or if they have a tool to do so, would be hard otherwise, and they should know about it.

I'll look into post links and do you know if most of the PvA graphs are broken, or just a few here and there?

4 hours ago, admin said:

Thanks, I'll ask invision to convert those URL's in the db or if they have a tool to do so, would be hard otherwise, and they should know about it.

I'll look into post links and do you know if most of the PvA graphs are broken, or just a few here and there?

I don't know.  I only looked at a few examples, and it seemed to be roughly 50/50%.  Some posts contain two PvAs in which only one of the two is broken.

There is one little thing that is gone that I could see fixin'...

I used to be able to click on the top banner and be sent to the main Data Bass site for tests. Clicking the banner now sends one back to the main forum page. Now there is no button anywhere on the forum (that I noticed) that allows access back to the main site.

Would be cool if something was done to fix that.

Thanks! :)

11 hours ago, Infrasonic said:

There is one little thing that is gone that I could see fixin'...

I used to be able to click on the top banner and be sent to the main Data Bass site for tests. Clicking the banner now sends one back to the main forum page. Now there is no button anywhere on the forum (that I noticed) that allows access back to the main site.

Would be cool if something was done to fix that.

Thanks! :)

Just noticed that. I definitely liked the link directly to the main site!

1 hour ago, MemX said:

Are the broken graphs anything to do with the recent Photobucket shenanigans, where they stopped all hosting of photos on third party sites?  (Idiots!)

For me, they don't show up at all. At least with PB they show a placeholder saying how shitty they are.

Think the links got FUBAR'd.

First of all, are the images that are supposed to be uploaded to this forum broken? If so, please post at least 1 direct link that I can give invision to look at.

Do we need more/better place to upload images? I have cloud account with amazon and I was thinking of giving out some write access to an S3 bucket for our bass content which might help things in the future.

Archived