82 replies to this topic

#21 Ricci

Ricci

Super Bass Overlord

• Moderators
  • 1,088 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 26 August 2015 - 02:30 PM

Nice looking space Bmoney. I wish mine was that clean.

• bmoney and Braifaraglisp like this

#22 bmoney

bmoney

Super Power Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 10:09 PM

Thank you! Yeah no food or toys in the Ht

Well except for my popcorn hahah

#23 Bossobass Dave

Bossobass Dave

Bass Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 08:15 PM

Layout before build to scale to make sure everything would fit:

idNpKq2.png

Section to make sure riser would work:

4J6j9PE.png

Signal chain hardware:

i8ZdNwB.png

Speakers:

P4wuJmM.jpg

Seating and monitor:

YXv4IGm.jpg

• lgans316 likes this

#24 Infrasonic

Infrasonic

Bass Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 08:57 PM

Sweet! Thanks for posting, Dave.

Hey, I have a question/critique.... are those shadows in the back supposed to be rear surrounds and the other side surrounds for 7.1 audio? Are you finally going 7.1? If so... please, do NOT place them like this. You might as well stay 5.1 if so. I can help and suggest other spots but I know space is tight in your room.

Thanks again for posting.

#25 Ricci

Ricci

Super Bass Overlord

• Moderators
  • 1,088 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 22 September 2015 - 01:58 PM

I have got to make it down to Dave's one of these days.

• Shredhead likes this

#26 Bossobass Dave

Bossobass Dave

Bass Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 06:39 PM

Sweet! Thanks for posting, Dave.

Hey, I have a question/critique.... are those shadows in the back supposed to be rear surrounds and the other side surrounds for 7.1 audio? Are you finally going 7.1? If so... please, do NOT place them like this. You might as well stay 5.1 if so. I can help and suggest other spots but I know space is tight in your room.

Thanks again for posting.

The only speaks placed like the scaled drawing are the dual sub stacks and the CC. I just randomly grabbed a Dolby 7.1 plot and copied it for the drawing and the SBR and SBL are future when I move to 7.2.4 with 4 ceiling speaks. I'll post then and you can spill the beans. It will, as always, be much appreciated.

Man, this visit and reciprocal visit thing is so far overdue I'm embarrassed to even mention it. It's gonna get cold soon. I'd love to get to your place before then and you're always welcome here in the Shahlit Town.

#27 Ricci

Ricci

Super Bass Overlord

• Moderators
  • 1,088 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 23 September 2015 - 07:04 PM

I haven't been to a GTG or visited another enthusiasts home in years. Haven't made it to any of the big Expo's either. Slacking!

#28 Infrasonic

Infrasonic

Bass Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 03:47 PM

Yeah, I'd love to. You probably have a better chance than I do being closer. I gotta make it out to the East coast.

The only speaks placed like the scaled drawing are the dual sub stacks and the CC. I just randomly grabbed a Dolby 7.1 plot and copied it for the drawing and the SBR and SBL are future when I move to 7.2.4 with 4 ceiling speaks. I'll post then and you can spill the beans. It will, as always, be much appreciated.

Man, this visit and reciprocal visit thing is so far overdue I'm embarrassed to even mention it. It's gonna get cold soon. I'd love to get to your place before then and you're always welcome here in the Shahlit Town.

Ah, okay. That has got to be a very old diagram. If you ever do 7.1 please don't do it like that. It won't sound good at all. If you want any tips on really good 7.1 (or Atmos) set up, hit me up.

I haven't been to a GTG or visited another enthusiasts home in years. Haven't made it to any of the big Expo's either. Slacking!

I go to CES every year. Went to CEDIA last year and that was good. Would like to go again but not going this year.

Oh woops. This is a system thread. My bad.

#29 LaHatte

LaHatte

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationMadison, Mississippi

Posted 10 November 2015 - 01:50 AM

1099 for LCR
Two UM18-22's in ported 9cuft enclosures tuned to 17hz
Two Volt-10's for surrounds
Denon 4520 AVR
iNuke 6000dsp
HTPC i5, 250gb ssd, 16gb ram
Comcast Xfinity X1 full package
Apple TV
40TB i5 media server with 500gb ssd, 16gb ram

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
  • lukeamdman likes this

#30 Ricci

Ricci

Super Bass Overlord

• Moderators
  • 1,088 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 10 November 2015 - 02:54 PM

Nice looking room LaHatte.

#31 BeastAudio

BeastAudio

Ultra Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 09:43 PM

Yeah, I'd love to. You probably have a better chance than I do being closer. I gotta make it out to the East coast.

I just caught up on this thread. You guys are welcome ;) Haha. Providence I tell ya. 

#32 Ricci

Ricci

Super Bass Overlord

• Moderators
  • 1,088 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 11 November 2015 - 09:57 PM

I hope you realize what you've done.  Inviting Scott to your house is like inviting Gary Busey after a 3 day cocaine and whisky binge and I've spent the last 15 years modeling my behavior after a mixture of Rick James and pre-rehab Robert Downey Jr.

• Shredhead likes this

#33 Infrasonic

Infrasonic

Bass Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 10:40 PM

I just caught up on this thread. You guys are welcome ;) Haha. Providence I tell ya. 

Noice. Yes, thank you! Can't wait!

I hope you realize what you've done.  Inviting Scott to your house is like inviting Gary Busey after a 3 day cocaine and whisky binge and I've spent the last 15 years modeling my behavior after a mixture of Rick James and pre-rehab Robert Downey Jr.

Fairly accurate. :D

I often scream my name into the voice search function on my Amazon remote. Never comes up with anything.

• BeastAudio likes this

#34 LaHatte

LaHatte

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationMadison, Mississippi

Posted 12 November 2015 - 10:44 PM

Nice looking room LaHatte.

Thanks Ricci...

#35 maxmercy

maxmercy

Super Bass Overlord

• Moderators
  • 1,839 posts
  • LocationNW FL

Posted 13 November 2015 - 12:30 AM

So you "dwell in the Abyss"?

JSS

#36 lilmike

lilmike

Super Power Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • LocationPNW USA

Posted 13 November 2015 - 05:25 AM

Open invites to both of ya!

#37 BeastAudio

BeastAudio

Ultra Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 08:56 PM

Sounds like you'll fit right in then :D 

#38 Rowan611

Rowan611

Super Power Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • LocationPella, IA

Posted 13 November 2015 - 09:21 PM

Well I guess I'll list my humble system here. I don't have any pics, but I can take some if anyone cares. :)

L/R: Klipsch KLF20
CC: Klipsch KLF7
SL/SR: Klipsch KLF10
SSR/SSL: Klipsch KG1.2
Sub: 24" THT, second one coming this spring

Equipment:
Denon 4520
Oppo 103
PS4
Panamax 5300PM
BASH300 for the sub

TV:
Panasonic 55VT60 - should have bought the 60" in hindsight.

Plan on upgrading my sub amp and hopefully adding my Adcom 555 back into the mix once it's fixed. My HT is our basement, something close to 4500 cu ft. I don't have any acoustic panels yet, but that will change thanks to Luke!

Also want to build 3 1099s for the LCR. We'll see when that gets done. lol

Lots of great systems here.

#39 Shredhead

Shredhead

Ultra Member

• Super Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 10:41 PM

Plan on upgrading my sub amp and hopefully adding my Adcom 555 back into the mix once it's fixed.

Whoa, isn't that the one designed by N. Pass?  What failed on it?  You can hook that up to your sub when it's repaired and get a clean 900W to it for the time being.  I don't know if that thing has any protection circuits on it so maybe hook up a series fuse on the speaker wire but I'm sure it will sound very good. 

#40 Rowan611

Rowan611

Super Power Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • LocationPella, IA

Posted 14 November 2015 - 12:53 AM

Yes it is. Somehow, and I don't even know how, the right channel blew. So I'm trying to get it fixed. Unlike a lot of you guys on here I don't need 900 watts to drive my sub. I'm guessing I use less than 100 to drive it. I want to Adcom for my KLF20s. If it can't be fixed I'll use it to drive my center and buy a Crown xls1000 or 1500 to drive the 20s and another for both subs. Luke is trying to talk me into buying a Crown x1000. Who knows. With just the Denon I can easily play at -5 for an entire movie. I've never tried reference....-5 is plenty loud for me. Lol.

Only reason I'm upgrading the sub amp is so I can have just one 2ch amp driving both subs vs the plate amp I'm using now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users