Guardians of the Galaxy - Discussion & Poll - CLOSED

maxmercy

Guardians of the Galaxy  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Execution?

2. 2. Recommendation?

Really enjoyed this film, both the original mix (could have used a little more weight to some effects) and the BEQ.  I compared some specific scenes and the BEQ is definitely an improvement.  I'll update the BEQ thread with the settings later.

Gotta hand it to the Marvel Studios guys.  Had this film opened the Marvel Cinematic Universe instead of Iron Man, I doubt anyone would have bought it.  But they solidly grounded the Universe with the most plausible (based on technology) and one of the most flawed of the heroes, and we bought in...

JSS

• 2 weeks later...

Movie wasn't too bad but bass could've been better IMO. Given the mix was down to port tune on my subs I expected it to be right in the sweet spot for me. A couple of scenes weren't bad but some were very lacking in relation to what was going on on screen. I will put in a disclaimer here as I've moved house and the room I now have the HT is not as good as the last house we lived in. Wooden floors and compromise on sub placement are contributing factors unfortunately. Can't believe how different it is. No longer renting though.

• 3 weeks later...

This movie was a lot of fun.  The sound mix is among the best of the year, and the bass is very good too.  It had a big slam factor!  The weak point was the dialog, which was a bit difficult to understand at times.  I like that the movie had strong macrodynamic swings, but at times it seemed like the dialog was just too low relative to the action.  Apart from that, I think the overall mix was excellent and supported the film and its style very well.  I believe part of the reason for the lower dialog was to reduce the overall average level of the movie and make the louder scenes have more impact.  I think that worked quite well.

Archived