The Low Frequency Content Thread (films, games, music, etc)

maxmercy

Not seeing that on my end.  If you can, save the full-sized images and post them here as attachments, and include the link to the post where they're found.  If you can do that for all you find that you can save, I'll update the posts with them hosted elsewhere so they'll work.  Thanks!  :)

No, that's great!  Thanks for doing that, because I can't see them even with the method you described above.  However, please do get all of a given movie if you can.  I only see the title block of Thor, but none of the other SpecLab scenecaps with timestamps.  Then, I see the SL scenecaps from Tron: Legacy, but not its title block.

Do as many as you have time for!  I'll re-upload them to another host and edit the posts here to reflect it.  Thanks again!

Actually, it's really hard to know which is which, besides the obvious ones that show the scene and timestamp.  I can't figure out which movie the last 4 images correspond to.

Can you put each movie in its own folders and label their images with numbers corresponding to their original sequence?  That would help me piece the posts back together properly.

Because the images were hosted on Photobucket, which sometime in 2013 began to SIGNIFICANTLY limit the bandwidth a person's photo account could transfer before replacing their images with what you now see in an attempt to monetize (extort users) their struggling site.  As far as I know, it hasn't worked, and people are just going elsewhere.  If someone wants to, they can send me the original images, clearly labeled, and I can post them with good hosting.

Dunno if people have seen this. Ralph Potts is asking for your input on his unrated Low Frequency Extension review category. This is in addition to his rated Low Frequency Effects category. If you want your voice heard, I suggest reading the thread, then voting on the subject.

The thread can be found here:

Do you find the 'Low Frequency Extension' rating useful?

Because the images were hosted on Photobucket, which sometime in 2013 began to SIGNIFICANTLY limit the bandwidth a person's photo account could transfer before replacing their images with what you now see in an attempt to monetize (extort users) their struggling site.  As far as I know, it hasn't worked, and people are just going elsewhere.  If someone wants to, they can send me the original images, clearly labeled, and I can post them with good hosting.

Yeah, photobucket is asking for money to upgrade. I mentioned this back when and asked if anyone wanted to download the files. I've all but abandoned the PB site, so someone should have at it before I delete it.

It was a lot of work to create those files and upload them to PB as it was. I looked into moving them to another pic-host site but I decided it's more trouble than it's worth. I'm just too busy the past year or so.

I also have all of the files saved in a SpecLab folder on my computer, and backed up on a separate hard drive if someone can lay out a simple way to transfer them.

I just re-visited 9, which I haven't seen since I rented it when it was released. I'm testing a final version of my Raptor System 3 (8 x 15" with a modded 14,000 watt amp). BALLS!!!

Yeah, photobucket is asking for money to upgrade. I mentioned this back when and asked if anyone wanted to download the files. I've all but abandoned the PB site, so someone should have at it before I delete it.

It was a lot of work to create those files and upload them to PB as it was. I looked into moving them to another pic-host site but I decided it's more trouble than it's worth. I'm just too busy the past year or so.

I also have all of the files saved in a SpecLab folder on my computer, and backed up on a separate hard drive if someone can lay out a simple way to transfer them.

I just re-visited 9, which I haven't seen since I rented it when it was released. I'm testing a final version of my Raptor System 3 (8 x 15" with a modded 14,000 watt amp). BALLS!!!

Dave,

Glad to see you're still alive!  :)

Put the files all in a zip file and host them on your website in a secret directory.  Then PM me the direct link to the zip file and I'll download them.  I'll let you know once it's complete so you can delete the files.

How's the new driver?  Any chance we'll see any more details about it soon?  It's been a long time in coming!  :)

grantisgrant,

Please do still collect what you can.  Never hurts to have backup plans!  :)

Knight and Day (5.1 DTS-HD MA)

Level        - 2 Stars (106.98dB composite)
Extension - 5 Stars (1Hz)
Dynamics - 5 Stars (28.73dB)

Execution - 4 Stars (by poll)

Overall     - 4 Stars

Recommendation - Buy (by poll)

Notes:  Generally low levels, with lots of DC noise.  Four scenes with respectable content below 10Hz.

PvA:

post-17-0-73926400-1403790638_thumb.png

Beowulf (5.1 TrueHD)

Level        - 4 Stars (110.84dB composite)
Extension - 5 Stars (1Hz)
Dynamics - 5 Stars (28.68dB)

Execution - 5 Stars (by poll)

Overall     - 4.75 Stars

Recommendation - Buy (by poll)

Notes:  Although this one has near constant DC noise, big effects on screen often have real content from 5-15Hz.

PvA:

post-17-0-49778700-1403791209_thumb.png

grantisgrant,

Thanks again!  I manually uploaded each of the images in alphabetical order of movie title, so they should be working - have a couple more movies to do, and gotta take a break.  Anyone who's reading this - please check that the images are working and, if not, post which ones aren't working, are on the wrong post, or are showing the PhotoBucket "too popular" placeholder.

I did find that there were only the first two images from Cabin In the Woods.

BossobassDave,

I consolidated images from your separate posts into their linked measurements posts, and deleted the posts where yours had the PhotoBucket "too popular" placeholder.  All credit goes to you, of course, for the images!

If you have any other images you want to post, lemme know.  I appreciate the work you did on those, and wish you'd have the time to continue, as I think it really adds to the presentation of the measurements to have a strong visual attached.