The Low Frequency Content Thread (films, games, music, etc)

maxmercy

Here's what mine looks like with nothing playing:

Capture_zpsa3b0cfed.png

How/where do I import the calibration settings for my UMIK?  

you can't import it directly, you need to make it into a filter which you then load into speclab. I described how to do it in http://data-bass.ipbhost.com/index.php?/topic/290-using-speclab-for-measuring-in-room/?p=4124

that looks quite noisy though, IIRC my setup had that sort of noise when I had it set to 24bit/sample in the audio i/o rather than 16bit. I would double check that, and the other fft/soundcard settings, to make sure it agrees all the way down the chain, before going further. 

Would it be possible to see some graphs/results of the following:

Super 8 Blu-ray

Rango Blu-ray

And which cut of Sucker Punch was tested. The Theatrical Cut or the Extended Cut? As I see the TC is a 16-bit track whereas the EC is a 24-bit track, perhaps they are also mixed differently.

Thanks.

Would it be possible to see some graphs/results of the following:

Super 8 Blu-ray

Rango Blu-ray

And which cut of Sucker Punch was tested. The Theatrical Cut or the Extended Cut? As I see the TC is a 16-bit track whereas the EC is a 24-bit track, perhaps they are also mixed differently.

Thanks.

SuckerPunch was theatrical cut. Have you compared the two versions on your system?

JSS

I have only watched the Extended Cut of Sucker Punch, so I cannot confirm a difference between the two. But it is interesting that one features a 16-bit track (TC) and the other a 24-bit track (EC). As each cut is on their own disc. Just thought it might be interesting to see whether a difference is there in terms of spec.

Never realized how much I rely on this site for new releases until it hasn't been updated in a while. Everyone must be busy :)

But:

Earth to echo

Hercules (I fee is filtered)

Malefecent (only one or two deep scenes I feel)

Need to be measured pu pu please :)

+1 on Earth To Echo. I think a scene near the end will be a candidate for Movies with the Most Intense Bass thread.

I've just watched Interstellar at the cinema.

Please, please, please, pleeeeeeeeease let it be unfiltered when it comes out on BD!!!

Great dynamic range, sudden sharp transients, luxuriously long passages of bass, all of it fitting to what's on-screen...  If it is unfiltered, I reckon this one could be a sub killer, potentially!

Fingers crossed! :D

(Don't hold your breath, though - as a Nolan film I fear the same fate as the Dark Knight mixes...:( )

Both Batman Begins and The Dark Knight had completely unfiltered LCRS....Only the LFE had a small rolloff, BassEQ solutions for both in the future to make them powerhouses on par with WoTW, TIH, etc....

JSS

I didn't know that!  There is hope, then... :)

Keep up the good work on the re-EQing! :)

Into the Storm (5.1 DTS-HD MA)

Level        - 5 Stars (115.16dB composite)
Extension - 2 Stars (23Hz)
Dynamics - 3 Stars (22.78dB)

Execution - 3 Stars (by poll)

Overall     - 3.25 Stars

Recommendation - Rent (by poll)

Notes:  Loudness wars.

PvA:

post-17-0-12807600-1416315112_thumb.png