The Low Frequency Content Thread (films, games, music, etc)

maxmercy

Hi guys, long time lurker, first time poster.

Has anyone watched Midnight Special? I didn't want to start a new thread so hope this post is ok in here.

I watched this tonight and thought the bass was really nice, not sure how low it goes but certainly rattled my walls. I'd be interested in seeing the measurements, I have no idea how to do it myself, might have to read up.

I was forced to watch Whiskey Tango Foxtrot and I believe it has unfiltered bass, it had the same effects as BHD and Lone Survivor with the helicopters and even some parts reminded me FOTP plane crash(some parts, not the whole FOTP scene).  This was coming from a Vudu HDX download. 

Do people have hope for BvS or does everyone think it's going to be a loudness war, clipping, filtered mess.  Not that the movie was stellar, I would get it for demo purposes if it wasn't a horrible mix.

Just got my hands on a HD version the other day. Not Master Audio, but adequate, and I must say it was a pleasant surprise. It wasn't the usual Snyder-flop we've learned to expect.... but then again I've been away from the sub for a while, so I might be over hyping it! 

However while the bass it good at time, its complete lacking in other scenes - and it varies between every punch. So unfortunately LFE does feel like a bit of an afterthought as the sound doesn't always match the picture, and inconsistency can be annoying for audiophiles, but I've enjoyed it more than viewing it in the cinema. 

Final Rating: 5/10   :P

Just got my hands on a HD version the other day. Not Master Audio, but adequate, and I must say it was a pleasant surprise. It wasn't the usual Snyder-flop we've learned to expect.... but then again I've been away from the sub for a while, so I might be over hyping it! 

However while the bass it good at time, its complete lacking in other scenes - and it varies between every punch. So unfortunately LFE does feel like a bit of an afterthought as the sound doesn't always match the picture, and inconsistency can be annoying for audiophiles, but I've enjoyed it more than viewing it in the cinema. 

Final Rating: 5/10   :P

I felt it was the same way for Man of Steel.  Very much a flop in the audio department, especially the LFE....very inconsistent usage, little extension, over/under-utilized in weird places, etc.  I'm hoping that BvS will be better with the audio.  I thought it sounded pretty solid in the theater so I'm looking forward to the blu-ray when it's released.

Hi, sorry for another one of these questions, but I'm wondering how to create an average frequency graph of a certain scene in Spectrum Lab. For example, I used the method on AVS (that was linked a few pages back) to create an uncompressed mono audio track from a movie, I then found the scene I wanted, cut it into its own ~30 second uncompressed wav track and put it into Spectrum Lab. Now I'm just wondering how I can get an average volume of the various frequencies for the clip.

Thanks.

But, but, but....yeah, I've got nothing.  Don't blame you one bit. :)

Yeah.  Saw the first twenty minutes and the last half hour of Man of Steel.  Thought it sucked and it looks like BvS is more of the same.

Call me nostalgic but Superman isn't supposed to be a morose pouter.