Hello everybody!

I opened this topic for the people (like me) who are interested in the latest plans for Ricci's famous Othorn.

Since it is not so easy to get hands on the plans, at least from the designer himself, it might be nice if the plans could be attached in this thread (and if desired by Ricci making this thread visible only to members?).

Maybe the same for the Gjallarhorn and renaming this thread or even make a new one.

myselphabet

To be deleted:

I hope, they aren't already uploaded in this forum, making this post redundant. I searched in here, on AVS and on diya for a while and was unable to find the PDF at least.

I got one from a friend which dates 03/05/11, which is older than the SolidWorks pictures by Rice in the other forum's threads.

Anyway, it would be nice to have the latest PDF, SolidWorks and maybe a SketchUp uploaded in here for future generations of Othorn (and Gjallarhorn) builders.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't plan to give these out anymore. No offense but I've more than done my part.

I've given out hundreds of these plans and given support to people for a long time for nothing. I'm done.

At this point they you'll be better off asking someone who has built them. Besides there aren't even any drivers available that really work well in the GH so it is more like a legacy design unless they make LMS drivers again.

I don't plan to give these out anymore. No offense but I've more than done my part.

I've given out hundreds of these plans and given support to people for a long time for nothing. I'm done.

At this point they you'll be better off asking someone who has built them. Besides there aren't even any drivers available that really work well in the GH so it is more like a legacy design unless they make LMS drivers again.

LMS Ultra 5400's are currently $750 at Parts Express. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Does anybody know if the differences of the Othorn performance between the 8ohm version of the B&C 21SW152 and the 4 ohm one are very large? I know John mentioned the 8 ohm one as "OK" in a thread, but mentioned it would perform worse.

I can either wait 2 months for the 4 ohm or start building this month using the 8ohm which is in stock locally. What a dilemma...

• 10 months later...

Archived