Eminence NSW6021-6

Ricci

In my case it was definitely only the surround. First thing I did was check the leads. I was able to clearly narrow it down with my ear next to it and make it quieter by pressing on that area. The spiders were fine and the motor was quiet besides air noise. 

Was almost tempted to inject some glue through the fabric and call it a day....maybe if it wasn't brand new.

Edited by ErnieM
Add

• 2 weeks later...

Josh, I'm starting to see the advantage of your designs over typical bass reflex...thanks for your contributions btw. 

One replacement driver came in. Same issue. Not as bad but still clearly audible. I'm going to try to fix it myself. Glue through the fabric and doping around the edge surface. If all else fails it looks like a SKRAM or similar hidden driver design is in my future. 

Thanks for all the comments guys. 

• Confused 1

Was recommended Glue-All as a fix...let gravity run the glue down between the back of the surround and frame while rotating the driver vertically. Think I'll mount two face to face for easier balancing. 

Not going to lie... I'm pretty pissed that they go through quality control like that. I know covid has effected things but what's the point of extended excursion when it's ticking at you before xmax. Maybe the price point is a little low for that kind of attention to detail. I don't know. 

For the record:

Two drivers are silent. One was almost silent(nearly passable). One was very noisy, Two replacements are noisy. 

Out of 6 drivers I would reject 3 outright. 4 if I was picky.