v2 update

Kyle

Been taking a little time off from this project. I did pivot on a design which ended up not working out, had to rework the major db schema design for the system because of mongodb, but turns out it did not prove to be very valuable and I will be reverted that attempt. That set me back a few weeks, no big deal. UI is still in good shape.

Things are still moving forward, but I'm also going to need to step away in a few months to launch a new kickstarter project which I'm very excited about. No, its not audio related. it's a new product for PC FPS games... more about that later :)

So guessing you are redoing the data-bass website?

I know your pain.  In the midst of a large redo on mine to.  And I cheat with Weebly.  NOo real coding just have to come up with a lot of content.

nothing wrong with cheating, its smart to use tools that can get the job done. In this case, we have such a specific need for data its just easier to make it custom

Thanks man!

^ Ya so a brief story about this

1999 - games were simply and low poly. Shapes easy to see shapes, players and your own crosshairs... and I was young :P

2014 - games got really good looking and complex, hard to see details among the higher contrast colors and poly counts.  Additionally, crosshairs also started to take on a design of realism. They are often rendered white and either fade out, expand or completely disappear when you move or reload. They are hard to see in many situations, especially skis or light walls and players have resorted to using stickers. This takes that concept a step forward and gives you a pinpoint dot to aim at that is actually very bright and 3D in nature. Sorta feels like a real weapon's aim system since it has a projected feel that is in front of your focal point.

When I proto-typed this thing out in 2014, it was instantly better and my K/D improved so I thought, lets share this with others. 

• 5 months later...

System compare feature is much improved

1. shareable links with compares built in
2. can compare up to 4 systems at a time
3. graph compare is not longer limited by a fixed set, compare will work on every graph template provided its flagged as comparable 
4. hot links between each system so you can navigate between system pages while keeping the "set" of compare graphs the same. In other words, you can just switch out the primary system and the others will overlay accordingly. This can be done by clicking the compare links to the overlay'd systems pinned at the top of the page

demo
https://sheltered-taiga-21806.herokuapp.com/#/systems/58e9e71e7e89a60004ede894?comps=58e9e3177e89a60004ede893,58e3e4b08c013800048d62fa&_k=85mcrm

• 3 months later...

Archived