Zoolander 2 ... I can't believe I'm posting this, haha.

Electrodynamic

While watching Zoolander 2 I had to stop and get out my SpecLab measurement equipment and capture a few scenes. When the mic is placed at the front of the couch the dip at 70 Hz shows up but you can all see the overall presence of ULF in this film. Who knew it would be Zoolander 2 that would have proper low end extension and no big cut off at 30 Hz. You can see the emphasis at 30 Hz but there is solid info below 20 Hz as well. Here are two screen caps of when Mugatu escapes:

ZoolanderMugatuPrisonEscape1-1.jpg

ZoolanderMugatuPrisonEscape2-1.jpg

I did notice the bass in this movie but damn it was a hard watch. I love the original. This one was such a letdown. Only made me laugh on a couple of parts.

Same here but I lost it when the two main characters are in the tiny limo for the first time and Zoolander means to say "AKA" but he says "KKK". There are two main scenes in the movie that have good bass and even then the rest of the movie has the heavy emphasis in the 30 Hz area so it feels like deep bass even when the sub-20 Hz info scenes are not playing. I'll scour ebay and see if I can pick it up for under $10 but that's about all I'm willing to spend on the movie. 

Same here but I lost it when the two main characters are in the tiny limo for the first time and Zoolander means to say "AKA" but he says "KKK". There are two main scenes in the movie that have good bass and even then the rest of the movie has the heavy emphasis in the 30 Hz area so it feels like deep bass even when the sub-20 Hz info scenes are not playing. I'll scour ebay and see if I can pick it up for under $10 but that's about all I'm willing to spend on the movie. 

The scenes with Mugatu were my favorites. Especially after he escapes and reunites with his assistant and "dog". So stupid!

It clips (but definitely not the worst I have seen/heard), and it is loud, but roll-off/shelf begins at 20Hz.  Shelf is steep and only about -10dB worth, so the ULF effects are on equal footing with the 50Hz and above effects with the typical 20-45Hz bump in response.  I'll post a graph later.

JSS 

It clips (but definitely not the worst I have seen/heard), and it is loud, but roll-off/shelf begins at 20Hz.  Shelf is steep and only about -10dB worth, so the ULF effects are on equal footing with the 50Hz and above effects with the typical 20-45Hz bump in response.  I'll post a graph later.

JSS 

Cool, thanks. I knew the 30 Hz (ish) hump was there - you can see that's the area that is the hottest in my screen caps. I just wasn't expecting anything under 30 Hz from a movie like Zoolander 2. I thought there would be a steep filter at/above 25 Hz or so. I'm still surprised they had info below 20 Hz. 

Archived