1. 1. Execution?

• 5 Stars
    • 4 Stars
    • 3 Stars
    • 2 Stars
    • 1 Star
  2. 2. Recommendation?

Need for Speed (7.1 DTS-HD MA)

Level        - 5 Stars (113.06dB composite)
Extension - 4 Stars (14.6Hz)
Dynamics - 4 Stars (27.09dB)

Execution - 4 Stars (by poll)

Overall     - 4.25 Stars

Recommendation - Rent (by poll)

Notes:  From the very beginning, most of the big bass is above 40Hz.  However, the response doesn't appear to be significantly rolled off until around 20Hz; there are still good effects that dig into the 20-30Hz region. 

Need for Speed sounds very good in general, while only lacking the really deep effects and the dynamics.  It's loud, but it's supposed to be.  This sound team has many Oscars and many more nominations, and when you watch the movie, you'll understand why. Too bad the movie is so blah.

PvA:

post-17-0-41949500-1407678716_thumb.png

Wow! Two hours of my life that I'll never get back. Audio was quite good bass okay too....... Sorry but the bass was not able to distract me from how cringeworthy and awful this film was. Warning! If you're into cars you will still not like this.

• 2 weeks later...

Needs more votes.  Who's seen this one?

Got the Bluray in local store :)

Started watching last weekend....but after a while I had to walk my dog.......and a couple of days later resumed watching and the racing was a few minutes and the police had a minor roll-over......and then the dog asked for a walk....again....?

Maybe finish watching later... :unsure:  

• 3 weeks later...

Loved the movie! wasn't bad at all , the bass and mix really energized the room.

Hey what can I say I like cars!

Posted 15 August 2014 - 01:46 PM

Wow! Two hours of my life that I'll never get back. Audio was quite good bass okay too....... Sorry but the bass was not able to distract me from how cringeworthy and awful this film was. Warning! If you're into cars you will still not like this.

Apologies Audiofan I was wrong on this!

• 3 weeks later...

late to the party...but...

I dont know why but I loved this flick...with great audio and bass (albeit not bowel reaching lows) 

I will wait for it to go on sale and I will be picking it up...I guess the gorgeous cars and great sound...and impeccable Image quality sold it for me...

Archived