12-15 hz @110db under $2500

Donovan

I'm looking for a design that would help me get to at minimum 110db before room gain. I like the Captivator and while its great for the money, its out of my personal budget. I have 1 BC 21DS115 or a Shs24 already that I own from previous diy projects and a Itech 8000 outside of the budget. Any ideas?

Ported would be easiest and smallest.

21DS115 might just barely  get there if tuned to 13Hz or so in a big cab but it'll be at the hairy limits by then.  Unless you go with a GIGANTIC FLH. 

SHS-24 will probably damn near get there sealed. I've got a pair myself. It'll take a monstrous power amp to get it there in a sealed cab though. Build a big ported cab for it tuned to 13Hz and it would easily get there with some left in the gas tank. That's probably the easiest option. 

20 hours ago, Donovan said:

I apologize I meant the hs24 not the shs24. Not sure of the response difference between the two. I'll try some modeling in winisd to see what I can do

All comments above about the SHS-24 above generically apply to the HS-24. The output you are looking for in that frequency range really comes down to moving huge amounts of air. Both SI 24's excel at that. 

• 2 weeks later...