Proel HPX-6000 power amplifier

Aj72

Anybody know if the Proel HPX series of power amplifiers are any good? Never heard of the brand but have an option to purchase an HPX-60000. Specs very similar to the Crown XLS 5000. Looks like it's made by an Italian company.

Thanks Beast. I've taken the plunge and bought the amp. Cost me $500 Australian so was worth a shot and did a bit of due diligence which made me think it's not a bad proposition. You guys have fot far more options in the States than we have over here for powerful amps. The Cerwin Vega CV5000 I could get new but it was going to set me back $1800! I waited a year for one to come up used but no dice.

Here's the image of my Proel HPX6000 below

http://www.muzykaitechnologia.pl/website/var/tmp/image-thumbnails/29257/thumb__galeria_duze_r/proel3.jpeg

Sorry cheated a bit here. The above links are from images online. I just received the amp and went to hook it up tonight. Expected Italian ergonomics. Bridge mode mono can only be operated from binding posts not Speakon connectors and the two red from each binding post channel are to be used for 8Ohm. Anyone seen this before? The switches on the back are similar to Behringer EP4000 but not fixed in as robustly. Definitely not as robust as my Crown or the Behringer but if it does what it says that's all that matters. Anyone tell anything from the image? Does it look like a true 2Ohm 3000W per channel amp as it states? Doesn't mean much too me looking at the image.

Archived