14 members have voted

1. 1. Execution?

• 5 Stars
    • 4 Stars
    • 3 Stars
    • 2 Stars
    • 1 Star
  2. 2. Recommendation?

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2014) (7.1 TrueHD)

Level        - 4 Stars (110.97dB composite)
Extension - 3 Stars (19Hz)
Dynamics - 4 Stars (25.72dB)

Execution - 3 Stars (by poll)

Overall     - 3.5 Stars

Recommendation - Rent (by poll)

Notes:  The bass was pretty poorly executed, imho.  There was some of it, and on two effects it dips below 20Hz with a slight bit of authority, but the movie is so cheesy that it was hard to watch - mostly only kids would like TMNT.

PvA:

post-17-0-09052700-1422225086.png

post-17-0-09052700-1422225086_thumb.png

I've been waiting for this thead for a while so I can properly hate on it.  I gave the execution 2 stars only because I didn't hear any clipping.  Otherwise, I thought the sound design was appalingly bad.  I also think nube's comment about it being "cheesy" is more complement than the movie deserves.  It was just plain bad, even for Michael Bay.

I wont lie, I enjoyed it. Guess it's the kid in me. :) More of the deep stuff would have been great, but otherwise I liked the execution. Excellent 3d as well. This was a blast in the HT and if it had more of the deep stuff would have been even better.

Don't forget to vote, Toe!  :)

If the clearly obvious and intentional rolloff hadn't been introduced somewhere in the sound effects foley or editing, this would have been a monster.  As it is, that 40Hz filter effectively neuters it.

I won't disdain people liking it, but, even though I was a huge TMNT fan back in the SNES days, I found this to be severely lacking.  The amount of lens flare employed was gross, too.

It was a great shut your brain off HT ride for me and that is all I was looking for (or expecting for that matter being a MB film). More of the deep stuff certainly would have been welcomed though as it was teased in a few moments it seemed where it clearly dug down a bit more.

4 and buy from me, especially if your a 3d fan.

I will say though, WTH has Megan Fox done to herself plastic surgery wise?! She just looked......odd to me.

Can't comment on the 3d, but I was waiting for someone to mention Megan.  She looked totally used up in TMNT, and I mean rode hard and put away wet. :wacko:  She looked disgusting.  Even her figure wasn't very good - she has cottage cheese thighs nowadays.  I'm guessing her legendary partying and dieting wasn't the best route to longevity in the looks department.

It was a great shut your brain off HT ride for me and that is all I was looking for (or expecting for that matter being a MB film). More of the deep stuff certainly would have been welcomed though as it was teased in a few moments it seemed where it clearly dug down a bit more.

4 and buy from me, especially if your a 3d fan.

I will say though, WTH has Megan Fox done to herself plastic surgery wise?! She just looked......odd to me.

I'm with you. I was a fan back in the day so I had fun with it. Just shut your brain off like you said. There could've been more down low but what was there helped me enjoy it for what it was, even if it was pretty cheesy.

Megan Fox was by no means Transformers hot, but I'd still let her do dirty things to me????

Archived