B&C 21SW152-4 BUILD & QUESTIONS

Lab_Experiment

I'm buying two B&C 21SW152-4s and they're each getting their own box.

I'm no DJ, but I like making things shake with synthesizers.

Trying to decide whether I should build these or hire somebody. I'm Canadian so I wont be hiring across the border. Probably going to try to copy the "B&C 21SW152-4 25Hz Ported". I'm just wondering if port dimensions are off by an inch or something, if it would be a major impact. If anyone had a blueprint for it or exact dimensions I'd be ecstatic, otherwise I'll likely eyeball it and see what happens.

Also any thoughts on the material to build the box from? I used MDF for my last boxes. Also, is ported FOR SURE the way to go? I'm a bit of a nutcase for CLEAN sound, and I am a EQ MASTER.

My previous build I put 8 Alpine W12S4s in 2 sealed boxes, did not do any research or measurements, built the boxes based on looks, and they sound ******* amazing. I am not going to be a retard if I'm adding a port. I want to do it right. What do you think>? I'll add a pic of my previous build for fun.

W12S4 Build.png

Full Build.png

• 11 months later...

Bro the ego is almost as overwhelming as trying to figure out the driver interaction you must have going on there 😅

I’m no forum moderator but I do enjoy a bit of online chit chat now and then and I would say maybe approaching this whole “asking for advice” thing with just a tad more humbleness and tactful vocabulary you could find yourself with all sorts of great ideas, answers and knowledge from some of the folks on here who have got legit sonic wizardry rep. instead of the proverbial forum tumbleweed “2 months later…” auto post rolling through on ya 😜

Also why get yourself a couple 21SW152s and then come to ricci forum to ask bout b&c ported? Just build some Othorns or skramsalready… I guarantee you’ll thank me if you do. Oh and @Ricci too hopefully