Ricci's CKRAM Subwoofer and Files

Ricci

• 10 months later...

Hi all I am looking at a DIY FOH build. For the top boxes looking at the Peter Morris PM90 and was wondering if this sub in two per side would be a good match. I plan to bite the bullet and spend once so the Eminence NSW6021-6 will be the driver. On that what would be ideal power amps to run the show

Chris

8 hours ago, Chris said:

Hi all I am looking at a DIY FOH build. For the top boxes looking at the Peter Morris PM90 and was wondering if this sub in two per side would be a good match. I plan to bite the bullet and spend once so the Eminence NSW6021-6 will be the driver. On that what would be ideal power amps to run the show

Chris

https://www.avsforum.com/threads/diy-mid-hi-bms-coax-2x-12-b-c.3006048/

Almost the same setup, I think @dsl1 was very happy with it  ;)

On 7/7/2021 at 11:38 PM, Chris said:

Chris

4 of these and a pair of PM90's should be quite a good sounding setup and compact for the performance available. I've not personally heard the PM90's but I've looked at the design and talked with guys who have built and heard them. The feedback and measurements are positive. 

Amplification will depend on budget, channel needs and available mains supply. You've got everything from Behringer at the cheap end on up through something like a PS X8. Would the PM90,s be active?

• 4 weeks later...

You can use it as a vented cab without the front panel. It is designed to be used either way. If you read the initial (LONG) posts I made it goes into some detail about what the front panel "should" do. I never had a chance to fully GP test this cab design yet. 

• 1 month later...

CJ,

Everything is in the first couple of posts. 

FYI. The Dayton has a large amount of inductance. It will modify the performance significantly if the effects weren't included in the model. 

• 1 month later...

First post on this forum, hi Guys! Really like all the content here and wish I would find it sooner.
Looks like a pair of Ckrams is my next dream build. Big thanks for the design and detailed information! Frankly would prefer to build Scrams instead but the size and weight scares me (me and my spine, to be precise), don't think I can handle it. The biggest sub I built so far is vented B&C 18DS115-8 and so it's very interesting for me to see how a couple of NSW21 in Ckram cabs will sound. I will do some measurements after I'm done and will post here.