• 4 Stars
    • 3 Stars
    • 2 Stars
    • 1 Star
  2. 2. Recommendation?

• Rent
    • Buy

Dead in Tombstone (5.1 DTS-HD MA)

Level        - 4 Stars (112.3dB composite)
Extension - 5 Stars (5Hz)
Dynamics - 4 Stars (25.74dB)
Execution - 4 Stars (by poll)

Overall     - 4.25 Stars

Recommendation - Rent (by poll)

Notes:  I've only been able to watch a bit of this so far.  It looks to have a lot of content, although it's of dubious quality.  The first 30min remind me of the sound design for The Man With the Iron Fists, which was pretty ham fisted.  Or, should I say, iron fisted.  ;) Har Har Har. 

But, seriously, this has a ton of content that legitimately goes down to 5Hz, but it just seems overdone...with every movement on screen having an accompanying serious bass effect in the mix...it becomes more of an assault rather than a good experience.  If all you're looking for is bass, but not bass used artfully or well-designed, this one might be for you, much like Frankenstein's Army, Getaway, or The Man With the Iron Fists.  I wouldn't buy it, though.

PvA:

post-17-0-96201500-1390416438_thumb.png

• 1 year later...

I didn't mind this FWIW. Yes it was over the top but it didn't seem like one or two effects over and over (maybe three or four, ha). It was gratuitous but I liked it for that. Level was up there actually had to turn it down a notch or two after coming off Insurgent. Movie was watchable enough but hey it's Danny Trejo after all and probably one of the best I've seen him in.

Archived