Ricci's Skram Subwoofer & Files

Ricci

Yeah I know it's crazy lol. Probably not as crazy as having a couple of Mariana 24s :)

It's way overkill putting another Skram on top of the SH50. So it's going the back of the room. 

I like woodworking and have the extra drivers already...

• Haha 1

On ‎6‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 4:22 AM, Jesal said:

Looking good Zolthoff, how many Skrams are you building?

I might build 2 more, my wife noticed I'm bored and asked me

"Why don't you build something" Ok you don't have to twist my arm lol

I can probably stack two more on top of the SH50 ;)

Skram5.jpg

Wow, that looks to be one sonically mean, massive wave-front hitting whoever's sitting here in the sweet spot.. 🤪 

What's the chosen low-pass of the Skrams, and do you use any high-pass filter on them?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, N8DOGG said:

I think Im gonna build 2 of these for nearfield fun in my new HT room....

Ibe recently decided to ditch the second row of seating and think these would be much more fun down behind me.... 

Near field... That will be something to experience. 

Well, already have 2 x OS pros and 4 x 24s nearfield in the current theater, so my hope was to put all that up front in the new room. Ive got 4 x IXL 18" subs and 8 x buttkickers lfe's to do a BOSS riser and Im gonna need something behind me for face blasting lol. 

Is there a cad file I can use? I dont know much about CNC stuff but looks like that would be the best way to go on this one. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jesal said:

Yes it move quite a bit of air when I crank the volume, especially the Skhorn.

Skhorn/Skrams are lowpassed right now at 80hz and high passed at 25Hz

Have you thought of comparing running just the one SKhorn against the two Skrams? I know, they're differently configured placement-wise, but that's the point; getting to know what this does to the performance. 

Using all three of them, do you run them all in mono? Stereo content below 100Hz has created some heated debates on whether there really is stereo information this low, but if it was my own setup I'd connect the Skrams in true stereo and the SKhorn in mono. 

Yes I have the skrams setup as left/right stereo and summed both L/R signal to Skhorn. 

Comparison wise... 

I prefer two skrams to one Skhorn. If we're comparing one to one and budget/size/space is not an issue, no comparison Skhorn wins IMHO. 

On 6/10/2019 at 12:22 AM, N8DOGG said:

Well, already have 2 x OS pros and 4 x 24s nearfield in the current theater, so my hope was to put all that up front in the new room. Ive got 4 x IXL 18" subs and 8 x buttkickers lfe's to do a BOSS riser and Im gonna need something behind me for face blasting lol. 

Is there a cad file I can use? I dont know much about CNC stuff but looks like that would be the best way to go on this one. 

1st post in this thread has the prints.

On 6/10/2019 at 5:38 AM, Jesal said:

Yes I have the skrams setup as left/right stereo and summed both L/R signal to Skhorn. 

Comparison wise... 

I prefer two skrams to one Skhorn. If we're comparing one to one and budget/size/space is not an issue, no comparison Skhorn wins IMHO. 

Hi, (My first lenguaje is Spanish),  So if I understand right:  If not an issue  size, weight, space  do you prefer 1 Skhorn vs 2 skrams?   Why?

Thanks.😃

20 hours ago, geritass said:

Hi, (My first lenguaje is Spanish),  So if I understand right:  If not an issue  size, weight, space  do you prefer 1 Skhorn vs 2 skrams?   Why?

Thanks.😃

2 Skrams.

Smaller and easier to move with 1 person. Larger vent area, even greater tuning options, larger air volume for slightly increased low end. 2 Skrams should be offer a bit higher performance than a single Skhorn assuming that both are using the same drivers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Ricci said:

2 Skrams.

Smaller and easier to move with 1 person. Larger vent area, even greater tuning options, larger air volume for slightly increased low end. 2 Skrams should be offer a bit higher performance than a single Skhorn assuming that both are using the same drivers.

OK. I'm Now decided to build the amazing SKRAM. Like always you're so helpful Ricci,  

Many thanks Mr. designer speaker genius. 😉

• Like 1

Getting a bit done. Sold about 2/3rds of my RCF 4pro system a couple nights ago, it’s headed to a indoor roller skating rink :) Got a great dollar out of them thankfully, but now I need some new tops. Any suggestions guys? Starting to dig through all the classifieds, I’ve always wanted some danley’s but I’d prob need to find used ones. 

Well, looks like I found a guy to cut it all! He have me a ball park that is acceptable, gonna get final numbers on Monday and hopefully start cutting next week!

Though these wont be running for probably a month or 2, still have move and get the theater room done first.

• Like 1

Looks like there arent too much angled cuts etc.. so a pretty "easy" build? A few questions:

1. Do you have the hornsresp parameters? That way I can do some comparison for myself knowing modelling isnt perfect or real life)

2. What do you expect to happen with the lesser wideness of the Skram that is 'a Skhorn' cut in half? For moving situations I wouldnt be able to own a very wide cab like the Skram you propose. The smalelr version could work.

I do own 2x 18" sealed subs right now, but might switch them with a single or pair of Skrams. Might be an interesting upgrade ! Definetely if I want to use them for PA situations too.

17 hours ago, Droogne said:

Looks like there arent too much angled cuts etc.. so a pretty "easy" build? A few questions:

1. Do you have the hornsresp parameters? That way I can do some comparison for myself knowing modelling isnt perfect or real life)

2. What do you expect to happen with the lesser wideness of the Skram that is 'a Skhorn' cut in half? For moving situations I wouldnt be able to own a very wide cab like the Skram you propose. The smalelr version could work.

I do own 2x 18" sealed subs right now, but might switch them with a single or pair of Skrams. Might be an interesting upgrade ! Definetely if I want to use them for PA situations too.

What driver would you be using?

#2. I'm not sure I understand what you are asking? The Skhorn is 54"x32"x24". The front face is 54"x24". It can either be 54" high which would be typical arrangement, or 24" high and 54" wide. The Skram is 36"x32"x24". The front face is 36"x24". Usually it would be 36" high and 24" wide. Either cab can be arranged either way depending on the needs and amount of cabs.

PA situations is really what these are meant for first and foremost.