High efficiency 12" woofer for 2-way speaker.

Droogne

Does anyone have any suggestions for a high efficiency 12" to use in a 2 way. Should cross at 500hz and dip down to 60hz. Box should be as small as possible (max 40cm d x 48cm h and max 80cm width). Maybe a double 12" as the plan is to couple them with a Faital Pro HF200 driver with 109db spl. It's not a problem that they are not completely matched as it's for height channels. Budget is not high (max 100-150eu), otherwise it's not worth doing.

Something like an eminence 12" pro woofer would do, but was hoping to get some other suggestions too. 

• 4 weeks later...

Your best bet is to browse the catalogs of the major professional speaker companies. Covering 60-500Hz with a pro 12" should be relatively easy. There are probably a huge number of choices from Eminence, Faital, 18sound, BMS, Ciare, etc...That would all do quite well. Pick one that is readily available in your price range and that models well in the enclosure.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hi...i will suggest 2-way open baffle,tweeter is a compression driver with 105db spl and horn combo, you can pad it down. I suggest you use this approach, rather than std tweeter with 92-93db spl. If you use waveguide I am sure you have to do lots of adjustments and tweaking, if you don''t have appropriate equipment it is going be difficult.

turnkey pcb assembly

• Like 1