Jump to content

Ricci's Skhorn Subwoofer & Files


Ricci
 Share

Recommended Posts

I would love the plans  I want to build  18 pals  been looking for plans my tops come down to 90 hz.  I use 2- 6.5 speaker on a parallel lens and 1- 2 radian 950pb  parallel lens and 4- 6338 McCauley 12 in each box  and I have 4- 18 tapped horns by tom danely   so I want more 20 to 60 hz sound  thxz Denis

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, denis johnston said:

I would love the plans  I want to build  18 pals  been looking for plans my tops come down to 90 hz.  I use 2- 6.5 speaker on a parallel lens and 1- 2 radian 950pb  parallel lens and 4- 6338 McCauley 12 in each box  and I have 4- 18 tapped horns by tom danely   so I want more 20 to 60 hz sound  thxz Denis

Are you using Paralens from DSL?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/9/2022 at 12:06 PM, denis johnston said:

I would love the plans  I want to build  18 pals  been looking for plans my tops come down to 90 hz.  I use 2- 6.5 speaker on a parallel lens and 1- 2 radian 950pb  parallel lens and 4- 6338 McCauley 12 in each box  and I have 4- 18 tapped horns by tom danely   so I want more 20 to 60 hz sound  thxz Denis

Plans for the Skhorn or Skram subs are in the first few posts of each respective forum thread. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...

Yea, certainly good for a no-compromises build for maximum output density.

I feel like the M-Drive should be powerful enough to drive two Skhorns when you load em with 22ds115's.

I think I'll buy one to test, I need a good amp with the Powersoft feature set anyways. And I'd prefer active subs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Father Francis said:

try check the DigiMod 3000PFC+3000AMP with this you can use DSP-D and DSP-4 and add the big heatsink , 

https://www.powersoft.com/en/products/amp-modules/digimod-3000pfc

i guess this would run you a pair 

The 3000pfc's datasheet states 4000W of total (symmetrical?) power output, which would underpower 2 drivers, let alone 4. If you wanna use 2 21ds115's to the maximum of their capabilities you will need pretty much twice as much as the Digimods are capable of. I ran my FP13000 unlimited&bridged into the Skhorn (4R) no issues (music, not sine waves). That's a bit overkill, but I'm trying to run 4 drivers off one amp, which the M-Drive seems to be a good match for.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, been following for years. Lookin to build the highest density/efficiency/linearity system that will fit in my 8x8x6 garage in the back of my tour bus and with cabinets that can be carried by two people. Leaning towards split SK horns coupled with PM60's, lake DSP and powersoft or QSC amps. Chose the PM60 over the 90's so that my friends and I can combine for an array when we get together. Has anyone tried a setup like this or have any other suggestions on a top of the art DIY rig for bass music? Of course the paraflex community gets a lot of hype but by the numbers, I can't see how this wouldn't be better? Humble thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/8/2022 at 5:58 PM, peniku8 said:

@RicciHow would you feel about M-Drive in a Skhorn? Overkill unless you go IPAL?

ipal 18 ihave 2 i can get 2 more i chang my tops to 4 -6.5 and 2 radian 2 inch 950 and 6 -12 6338 mc in top box   and im using 2-15 rub 6142  mc cauely  asideso im looking to go from 20hz to 50hz

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/30/2022 at 2:25 PM, Art Beller said:

Hi, been following for years. Lookin to build the highest density/efficiency/linearity system that will fit in my 8x8x6 garage in the back of my tour bus and with cabinets that can be carried by two people. Leaning towards split SK horns coupled with PM60's, lake DSP and powersoft or QSC amps. Chose the PM60 over the 90's so that my friends and I can combine for an array when we get together. Has anyone tried a setup like this or have any other suggestions on a top of the art DIY rig for bass music? Of course the paraflex community gets a lot of hype but by the numbers, I can't see how this wouldn't be better? Humble thanks.

I would run the Skram or Ckram sub which is smaller, instead. Splitting the Skhorn in half results in a lot of driver pressure directed into an outer panel which I'm not a fan of. It really wasn't designed to be split in half because the driver arrangement is less than ideal for that. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 6/15/2022 at 12:24 PM, Ricci said:

I would run the Skram or Ckram sub which is smaller, instead. Splitting the Skhorn in half results in a lot of driver pressure directed into an outer panel which I'm not a fan of. It really wasn't designed to be split in half because the driver arrangement is less than ideal for that. 

Thanks, I will likely use the SKram. Any opinion on pairing them with the PM60's for tops?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/3/2022 at 7:22 PM, simengj said:

Hi, 

Does anyone have recommended processing for the skhorn with ipals? I dont have the possibility to measure them outdoors and need to use a new cab this weekend.

All of the outdoor measurements with the Ipal's are posted on the main data bass page for the Skhorn. Have a look at the voltage sensitivity measurements. There is no processing on those and they are outdoors.

Really doesn't need a lot of processing. Throw a 25Hz HPF on there and set the LPF where it matches well with the mains. They run pretty decent up till above 140Hz and the response is reasonably flat, so anything below that should be fine. The rest sorta depends on the mains, amps, environment and bass content ( limiting, etc...)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It doesnt perform as well as other drivers but it doesnt look horrible response shape wise. I compared my BC SW152's verse the 18LW2400. The comparison is 2400 is hitting Xmax and the 21 is at 8mm displacement. Only using this as a response shape  comparison is all. 

 

 

18LW2400.JPG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...