Age of Ultron

MikeDuke

On AVS they just did a review of Ultron.  A point I noticed was how it was noted that the bass was pretty weak.  This is one of the only times I can remember when a review on AVS singled that out.  I am now really interested in seeing some measurements of this film.  It may be from weak dynamics. This is really the first time I have seen this reviewer put a lot of time into expressing his disappointment in the bass department.  Oh well, maybe San Andreas or Terminator Genysis will be better.  And let's hope for Jurassic world as well.  

It isn't weak bass, it's just to low volume wise. I'm running my sub 10db hot - where it always is - and I think the bass is ok. Not great, but not as bad as Mr. Potts leads you to believe. However, I will agree that the overall volume of this movie is low. I've only watched 15 minutes and had to crank the volume to -8 to get similar listening levels that I normally get at -17 or so. Also, it seems like the mix itself is not right. I noticed this originally at the theater, and at the time just hoped it was the theaters fault....well it wasn't. I don't think it's a good mix at all. I'm really disappointed. I'll finish the movie tonight, and maybe my view will change.

Edit: see below, view changed.

Well I did change my mind. While it isn't the best or even what it could have been, it wasn't as bad as I thought and I actually enjoyed it. I still think some of the mix isn't right, but overall an enjoyable experience, more so than the first time I saw it.

Archived