The PaleHorn

Ricci

The amp part is not finished yet either. Working on getting an M-force module. I may try and get one of the woofers at some point but I think PS kind of missed an opportunity with those. Already own one IPAL module but I don't have it yet either. Things have been really busy this winter and I just haven't had time to get to everything.

• 6 months later...

Won't work with the 21SW152 at least not ideally. I'm not going to distribute these plans anyway. Sorry. This one is mine. Of course there's enough in this thread already that if you really wanted to have a go at it there's enough to figure it out or close enough.

A couple of nice gents have offered to help me out with the cabs so I hope to have some movement on this by the end of the year.

I personally would like to see what response shape you end up with and how much more SPL using this uber 21. All my response shapes are very peaky with the IPAL and extremely flat when swapping the SW152. So I look forward to see what the final results are from your design.

And yes as you stated there IS enough that you could figure out the design if you really wanted to. And while I could figure it out myself I feel it would be disrespectful of me to do so. I have simulated so many designs now since seeing others designs, I see why so many DONT want to post their designs. So I will just be watching and enjoying the outcome from another amazing design from J.R. :D

• 4 weeks later...

I've got some fellow DIYers who have offered to help build out the prototype pair of cabs for close to cost. They do good work and have a substantial amount of bass horn chi themselves, so that helps out versus trying to explain every detail to typical cabinet shops who have no idea what they are looking at in the plans. It's probably going to be a while, but I hope to have something by the end of the year.

I'm finalizing the print on something else I've been working on for a couple of years currently. Something to replace my GH's with. Hopefully it works as modeled.

I've got some fellow DIYers who have offered to help build out the prototype pair of cabs for close to cost. They do good work and have a substantial amount of bass horn chi themselves, so that helps out versus trying to explain every detail to typical cabinet shops who have no idea what they are looking at in the plans. It's probably going to be a while, but I hope to have something by the end of the year.

I'm finalizing the print on something else I've been working on for a couple of years currently. Something to replace my GH's with. Hopefully it works as modeled.

Oooh, exciting, will look forward to updates! :)

I hope your GH replacement is LOUD. I have a design that I may build in January/February. It is a massive FLH 1600L that uses a pair of BC 21's. 31hz tune roughly. Figure I would send it to you and see what you thought. I had looked at the Hybrid designs and may still build a single 21" cabinet with a 33hz port also. BUT I was also trying to design something with monster SPL without the port.

Anyways look forward to your progress and updates.

I hope your GH replacement is LOUD. I have a design that I may build in January/February. It is a massive FLH 1600L that uses a pair of BC 21's. 31hz tune roughly. Figure I would send it to you and see what you thought. I had looked at the Hybrid designs and may still build a single 21" cabinet with a 33hz port also. BUT I was also trying to design something with monster SPL without the port.

Anyways look forward to your progress and updates.

Wait... 1600 litres??  Isn't that something like 56 cubic feet?!  :blink:  :o

HTF are you going to build and move that?!  lol

Wait... 1600 litres??  Isn't that something like 56 cubic feet?!  :blink:  :o

HTF are you going to build and move that?!  lol

I dont mind  the moving part, It wont be moving very often ever. BUT I have a LOT of plans I have made that are all over the place size wise. For my outdoor ventures it seems 24-28hz is about as low as I want to tune. That way I have massive spl higher up. Single 700liter to dual 1100liter -1590liter.

The cool thing is while I have been searching for a certain number in my head I have figured out a lot on the way. Also am very curious what Ricci cooks up next because the IPAL Othorn is extremely hard to beat. Sure I can go huge with the SW152 pair and beat the Othorn but the size is just as costly. So for me paying 120 dollars a sheet of plywood adds up quickly on a gigantic design in the end.  SO most likely my large designs will be kept in HR.  3000 dollars for 140db at 30hz and 130db at 25hz. That's Australian dollars also. So for value that is quite impressive.

If Ricci does something that is especially made for the IPAL I cant wait to see the numbers. :D

• 3 years later...