Introducing the Vier Systems Xero.1/Midbasiks Subwoofer builds....

vxds11

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hahaha yah Dom I'm not trying to be a dick. I thought many times of getting a clone. If I needed one when Rob offered to check em out first beforehand then maybe I would've gone that route. I know a lot of guys had no problems with them but then there are some who did. You won't need to buy another amp again that's for sure. Even with a budget, we all got em, it's not THAT much more and you get a warranty and upgraded components.

Dave never gave the specs on the upgrades I believe, but he did it for a reason. You are building your subs with an amazing attention to detail and making sure everything is just right. Don't you want to power them with an amp from someone who has the same thought process in equipment that's not even his? I don't want you to get in trouble with the wife but peace of mind to me is worth it. Not to mention the roll-off is known on Dave's amps. If you're going sealed for the single digits that is one of the most important specs. BUY THE DAMN THING!! :lol:  :lol:

LOL! Dude, you're not even close to being a dick about it. I just see one basshead trying to help another make the right decision B) If there's one person who I know that can help square me away is Paul. I hope he knows I'm gonna need his help.

Yah man Paul is a mad scientist. When I visited them for the gtg I didn't see him cept for dinner and late night Digiorno snacks haha. That whole time he was cooking up the Dash-V. Plus he is the king of measurements! He always tries to make me feel better about being PC dumb too so I know he'll take good care of you. ;)  

V, have you run any subs in the room in question before and if so do you have any LP freq response graphs to give me an idea of what the room will do?  I assume you have a mic to measure room response with for tweaking whatever option you go with?  Do you also have an interface/soundcard with in's/out's? 

Nil, nada, zip on all of the above. Remodeled room that had ported years ago with no measurements or graphs. I still have to pick up measurement gear from Cross Spectrum, and I have no interface/soundcard with in's/out's, so starting from scratch here.

Some of the Tascam interfaces are good for the money. The US-144mkii can be found quite cheap as an open box sometimes. Edirol is another popular brand. Presonus is decent. I'd stay away from Behringer for an interface.

I'm very happy with the "inexpensive" interface I picked up in the Focusrite 2i2.  I actually use that much more than pulling out my expensive Motu 1248.  Highly recommend the Focusrite 2i2.  Drivers have just worked with Windows 8, 10.  Measurements are the same as my Motu 1248 when using Earthworks 30/50 measurement microphones.  It gets my vote.

EDIT:  And for Speclab, this is a USB powered, quick interface to setup so it would definitely be my go to for that scenario.

Archived