Introducing the Vier Systems Xero.1/Midbasiks Subwoofer builds....

vxds11

Thanks man  :lol:  I have an OCD for stuff like that. That's why it's taking me so damn long to finish them, but my ETA should be within the next week, can't wait. As for the A14K, I'm soooo tempted to pull the trigger on it, but the wife says either that OR the OPPO OR new Receiver  :angry:

Hmmm. Tough decision. I thought you were using the OPPO as your preamp though?

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Things done right the first time will never bother you again...I would have done the same.

JSS

Last night I was at my wits end dealing with Home Depot's "help" ripping pieces for me. I was trying to save time which was a huge mistake. They say exact dimensional cuts are NOT a guarantee, which is understandable, but when you ask them to rip your pieces a little larger and you'll trim the rest, that's what you expect. No, they didn't, and now I have two short top pieces. 

Right on man. I spoke with a manager and he apologized. Told me to come in and they'll do another sheet for 70% off. That's $13 bucks for a $45 sheet of cabinet grade ply. I don't care how much it cost, they need to minimize mistakes like that or their bottom line will see it. 

Those cabs look great man! I can't wait to see them finished. Loving the front panel. I would defintely get the A14K now. ;)

Thanks man. I hope they come out the way I want them to. With the four subs I'm building, I might need the A14K with a Minidsp in the long run :P

Those things are going to move some un-moveable objects.....hope you can position them well to cancel modes.

JSS

I've always pondered the fact that most people with huge rooms always try to go with resonant systems to fill them. Why not scale the room accordingly to accommodate full bandwidth? Easier said than done I guess. Hopefully the Midbasiks will address any modes in the room I might have to deal with. 

Make 'em proper and you will always smile when you see them.  Leave something half-done and you will see it every time the lights are on....I agree with your plan, unless they will be duratex'd.

JSS

They look hungry for drivers and then for high voltage punishment. 

I concur. Build em proper and feed em some proper juice!

Out of curiousity what will you use if you don't get the 14K??

Just finished trimming up the the top pieces and I'm more than pleased. 

A little back story to my plight. I told the wife about Shredhead's advice to get "DIY justice" and man, she went back there and got my money back. She crazy.

Archived