16 members have voted

1. 1. Execution?

• 5 Stars
    • 4 Stars
    • 3 Stars
    • 2 Stars
    • 1 Star
  2. 2. Recommendation

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (5.1 DTS-MA HD)

Level        - 4 Stars (110.11dB composite)
Extension - 5 Stars (1Hz)
Dynamics - 5 Stars (28.7dB)

Execution - 4 Stars (by poll)

Overall     - 4.5 Stars

Recommendation - Buy (by poll)

Notes:  They righted the wrongs from the first one's mix, at least to some degree.  This one has strong 12Hz stuff in the beginning, and a fair amount of unfiltered content overall, while maintaining good levels and dynamics.  The movie itself, however, is a big miss compared to the first one.

PvA:

post-17-0-91958900-1408469633_thumb.png

The measurements kind of surprise me as I was a little underwhelmed with the bass in this one. It was very well done (as was the rest of the sound) but it never really impressed me that much and felt like it was lacking in level and "impact" (for lack of a better word).

Maybe I was just spoiled from watching Battle:LA, Underworld Awakening and the new Captain America recently.

This one has bass content similar to Elysium, where much of the loud stuff is below a moderate ported subs' capability.  And, I think we are hard wired to think 30Hz stuff is more impressive because it's so much louder.  TASM2 isn't "bombastic" in that range - if anything it's kinda lacking from 25-35Hz - but it does have its moments.

5 for me too!

Sounded awesome in my setup and shook the &^%$ out of my place.

Thanks

Will be checking this one out tonight (Amazing Spiderman2) and will vote. Interesting to see how much content I can reproduce with my Ported Caps. Also got the new Captain America so will be good to see how they compare.

Liked it better than the first , in fact I enjoyed it more than the old ones as well. The audio and video where simply engrossing and the audio in particular (bass)  had a good proportion of weight and slam that didn't sacrifice the sound ques of the mix.

Its mixes like this that will keep me happy till I decide to go Atmos which for me is a few years away!

Easy Five and buy  :D

Will be checking this one out tonight (Amazing Spiderman2) and will vote. Interesting to see how much content I can reproduce with my Ported Caps. Also got the new Captain America so will be good to see how they compare.

How do you have a movie that isn't out yet? Are you a reviewer? As for TASM2, I'll probably try and watch it tomorrow.

This one has bass content similar to Elysium, where much of the loud stuff is below a moderate ported subs' capability.  And, I think we are hard wired to think 30Hz stuff is more impressive because it's so much louder.  TASM2 isn't "bombastic" in that range - if anything it's kinda lacking from 25-35Hz - but it does have its moments.

I agree, I could hear things rattling in the house, but did not hear anything, much like Elysium. However I might be alone, but I thought this whole soundtrack was bad. The surround effects were getting on my nerves, the ones surrounding Electro. I was pretty disappointed with this one. My daughter likes the spiderman series so we have them all. I always buy the superhero movies even if they are bad. The reason I will give it a buy is because it is nice to have these types of movies on hand. 

How do you have a movie that isn't out yet? Are you a reviewer? As for TASM2, I'll probably try and watch it tomorrow.

The movies come out on Blu Ray weeks sometimes months before the US releases. An example, Captain America was released in France Aug 12th and the 18th in the UK. Will not be released until Sep 9th in the US. 

The movies come out on Blu Ray weeks sometimes months before the US releases. An example, Captain America was released in France Aug 12th and the 18th in the UK. Will not be released until Sep 9th in the US. 

That didn't even occur to me. Thanks.

I'm flattered really but no, not a reviewer. What I don't understand is I can get some movies early e.g Captain America 2, TASM2 but Lone Survivor and Pompeii were like 6-8weeks after the US release.

Archived