Paraflex

Brian92

Just curious if anyone has tried building one of the "paraflex" designs that they have on Facebook etc? I would like to try, I have a cnc router, but generally Im a sealed box kinda guy.

When P.E. was running those leftover Celestion 18's from B52 for $49. I have 16 of those left to play with.

They are great designs.  They powerful and very musical.  They do require a driver with a lot of motor force so they are kinda driver specific but there are lists of drivers that work for them available.  I love my paraflex subs.  I was just in the shop jamming with my dad and he really appreciates the sound of them.  

I have similar thoughts based on the design work and simulations. In a lot of ways they do seem to be a vintage type of design, but taking advantage of modern driver advancements. Big, leverages a lot from one driver, should be loud and efficient over a narrow band, cabinets do not lend themselves to going low especially considering the considerable size, potential upper response phase and ringing issues could limit the upper range usefulness. Note: I've not actually seen good measurements on a top end example and have not heard or used any examples my self yet. YMMV.  

• Haha 1

• 6 months later...