The Low Frequency Content Thread (films, games, music, etc)

maxmercy

You gotta be kidding me.....So what this is gonna be like AVS now?? Someone suggests he starts another thread knowing most people are staying out of the thread because of his long posts and movies that no one cares to watch or even has access to, and WE get told to simmer down and called children?  Whoever is reporting this needs to grow up. If this is how this forum is gonna be I'll gladly leave.

• Like 1

Seriously????  This is ridiculous!  I am just one a few people that spoke up about this.  No telling how many people feel the same and have gone away from this thread all together because NOBODY is posting anymore since Andy posted his movies.  It makes it really hard to go through pages to read or find what people are saying about the movies.  It's not like there are a couple and no bid deal, but the thread is flooded with them.  Doesn't matter, I'm out just like a lot of people probably are!  

FWIW, and I am only a lurker here and rarely post, as I have nothing to contribute to the great work done in this thread, but I have to say that I agree with Pain Infliction that Andy's posts are kinda derailing the thread. But they would be great in a thread of their own, and I'm struggling a little as to why Andy doesn't make his own thread. He is clearly very passionate about the subject and I think his analyses of his pre-2000 movies would be of wider interest.

One of the really useful things I find about this thread is that all of the movies 'officially' rated conform to a defined set of specs and parameters (outlined in the first post IIRC) so we can be sure that when we compare one movie with another that we are comparing apples with apples. IDK if Andy's analyses conform to the same parameters or not, which makes them confusing, to me at any rate. In his own thread, all the movies compared would be compared on equal, level terms so that would enable valid comparisons to be made. 

It is a pity that the thread degenerated into personal insults as there is no need for it.

Chalk me up as one that is annoyed

Especially since I browse on my phone. And it keeps loading all those obnoxious posts first

Yes they are nice to have...in another thread.

But I also agree this site is dead. Don't see many movies of relevance being graphed anymore. Too bad. Cause this was my go to site for all things bass

I think this best sums up all of the drama over the last few days, including my own idiocy:

easily_offended_big.jpeg

Yes, the site has been slower.  But nube and I both are very busy folks, and measuring films has not been on my front burner for a while.  Will I measure Avengers 2?  Yes.  But I really don't have as much time as I used to have to do this kind of stuff.  It may be time for me to step down as a mod here and have someone else take over, I'll contribute when I can, mainly to the BEQ thread if there is still interest.  Hard to believe it has been 3 years since that first post.

JSS

• Like 1

But I really don't have as much time as I used to have to do this kind of stuff.  It may be time for me to step down as a mod here and have someone else take over, I'll contribute when I can, mainly to the BEQ thread if there is still interest.

image.png?w=460&c=1

Things go in cycles for everyone, things will pick up again.  And what, that was like the ONLY time I've seen Mod action needed since I've been here and no one was put in the penalty box over it and it didn't turn into a big deal.  This place is as laid back as it gets and I dig it. 

Avengers 2 had better bring it for real this time or I give up on Marvel. 

I think this best sums up all of the drama over the last few days, including my own idiocy:

easily_offended_big.jpeg

Yes, the site has been slower.  But nube and I both are very busy folks, and measuring films has not been on my front burner for a while.  Will I measure Avengers 2?  Yes.  But I really don't have as much time as I used to have to do this kind of stuff.  It may be time for me to step down as a mod here and have someone else take over, I'll contribute when I can, mainly to the BEQ thread if there is still interest.  Hard to believe it has been 3 years since that first post.

JSS

image.png?w=460&c=1

Things go in cycles for everyone, things will pick up again.  And what, that was like the ONLY time I've seen Mod action needed since I've been here and no one was put in the penalty box over it and it didn't turn into a big deal.  This place is as laid back as it gets and I dig it. 

Avengers 2 had better bring it for real this time or I give up on Marvel. 

Yeah. You're not getting off that easy. :P

I've heard avengers 2 I scrap in the bass dept.

And yes mad max please

How? There is not even a home mix available yet. Watching it in the theaters, there is ample opportunity for them to really create something special. They did it right for CATWS, if they continue that trend, it should easily be bass movie of the year.