AE Techron

kipman725

I have on occasion heard rumors of people using these for subs but never confirmed.  Specs (and presumably prices) of current models seem impressive:

https://aetechron.com/IND-RESEARCH-8500.shtml

Also I found this older model which claims to have crown designed amps but offers 5000W @ 0.1% THD into 1 ohm which would be more powerful than the MA5002VZ etc.

http://www.aetechron.com/pdf/7700Manual.pdf

Any experience with these or other non audio marketed amps?

The power outputs are  greater than the most powerful audio amplifiers and they claim to be able to sustain such power output continuously rather than been power supply limited to lower than rated power as high power audio amps are:

8500 Series Voltage vs. Current

They are also able to be run in series and or parallel for even greater power output.  Other interesting features are voltage or current control mode (with smooth transition between modes) and the very high switching frequency compared to audio amps. 

Afaik Ricci had two of their older models, which were identical to some Crown amp.

I think you can combine multiple of those newer amps to gain even greater power. But it‘s pretty apparent that they‘re not designed with moving around in mind 

On 7/21/2020 at 8:31 AM, peniku8 said:

Afaik Ricci had two of their older models, which were identical to some Crown amp.

I think you can combine multiple of those newer amps to gain even greater power. But it‘s pretty apparent that they‘re not designed with moving around in mind 

I did. The old 7560's which I believe were the same as the Crown M600 and a couple of other re-badges. It's been a long time but it was something like 1500w burst into 4 ohm and 1000w for a very long time and would do it at 20Hz. Doesn't seem like much these days. 

These aren't really amplifiers intended for "music" signals. These are industrial grade equipment for labs, measurements, running motors, MRI's, etc. HEAVY loads. They do audio just fine but are WAY overkill for bumping some music. Kinda like taking a Mack tri-axle dump truck to pick up 100lbs of mulch. I love how they rate their amps and provide all of the engineering specs. Compare their data sheets to those for Behringer or Yamaha amps. This is how gear used to be spec'd. I wish it still was. Amps really should be rated in terms of voltage and current capability into various loads at different frequencies IMHO. A 7810 or 7796 is a monster power source even if some 20lb amps produce more power on paper. The ratings are MUCH different. Yes they are heavy as hell. They have to be. You'll never get this type of ruggedness and sustained power output out of a 20lb amp. 

If I was filthy rich I'd have a stack of these installed on 3 phase to run the subs, just because. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1