Bass Movie of the Year - 2013 Poll - CLOSED

nube

Bass Movie of 2013  

54 members have voted

1. 1. What was the best bass movie of the year in 2013?

• After Earth
    • Elysium
    • Kick-Ass 2
    • Kon-Tiki
    • Oblivion
    • Olympus Has Fallen
    • Oz the Great and Powerful
    • Pacific Rim
    • World War Z
    • *** Write-in candidate (post your choice below)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Oblivion is the 2013 Bass Movie of the Year!  After running neck and neck with OHF, this took home the gold in the last month or so of voting. 

And rightly so.  I don't think enough can be said about this mix.  It has a good combination of design, editing, and mixing that makes for a very solid presentation. 

Shockingly, as much as we liked it, it wasn't even nominated for a single mixing or design award by any industry body.

Wuuuuut??

I don't understand how that can be, I think it's the best balanced audio presentation I've ever listened to.  It's so good I'll even stick on the M83 soundtrack while I'm getting ready in the morning, and I've lost track how many times I've watched it - I can even ignore the plot holes because the sound is so good!

What with the obsession with limited bandwidth, filters and ear-bleeding loudness, I'm not quite sure what's going on in the industry but I'm not sure it's for the best...

Can we throw in for a classy "data-bass.com Bass Movie of the Year 2013" trophy to send to the sound studio? :D

Oblivion is the 2013 Bass Movie of the Year!  After running neck and neck with OHF, this took home the gold in the last month or so of voting. 

And rightly so.  I don't think enough can be said about this mix.  It has a good combination of design, editing, and mixing that makes for a very solid presentation. 

Shockingly, as much as we liked it, it wasn't even nominated for a single mixing or design award by any industry body.

I was shocked by that as well Nube!

Archived