nube

Bass Movie of the Year - 2013 Poll - CLOSED

Bass Movie of 2013  

54 members have voted

1. 1. What was the best bass movie of the year in 2013?

• After Earth
    • Elysium
    • Kick-Ass 2
    • Kon-Tiki
    • Oblivion
    • Olympus Has Fallen
    • Oz the Great and Powerful
    • Pacific Rim
    • World War Z
    • *** Write-in candidate (post your choice below)

nube    142

Oblivion wins 2013 Bass Movie of the Year, in a landslide!!! :)

Which 2013 release gets your nod for best all-around bass movie of the year?  If you're not sure, here are links to the measurements of each of the polled options. 

After Earth

Elysium

Kick-Ass 2

Kon-Tiki

Oblivion

Olympus Has Fallen

Oz the Great and Powerful

Pacific Rim

World War Z

If you have a choice that's not listed, write it in by mentioning it below.  Let's limit it only to movies that have been measured.

• Like 2

maxmercy    336

I will hold off on voting until I see Kick-Ass 2, But Elysium and Oblivion are my favs so far.  Man, if PacRim only had the extension and dynamics it deserved!

JSS

djbluemax1    6

If we're talking about best all-around movie WITH good bass, I've watched all the ones listed and Oblivion takes it for me, hands down. Stellar PQ PLUS great soundtrack with nice bass and pretty decent extension, and a decent story.

Max

wth718    9

If this were for overall presentation/experience I'd say Oblivion all day. That's still my go-to demo movie. But for straight up bass movie, how can one not choose Olympus Has Fallen? It missed 5 star rating by .2 db for level. Otherwise, it has everything you can ask for.

Toe    8

Oblivion gets my vote for best all around LFE experience.

If I am more in the mood for an all out bass assault however, I would go with either DiT or FA. Loved both for an all out pummeling.

As far as single best LFE scene, I would vote for OHF Washington Monument.

MKtheater    48

Just bass it has to be OHF.  Overall movie Oblivion, and just ELF's Elysium.  I voted for OHF just because this forum is more about measurements and none measure better! 

Nicke    3

My movie vote goes to OHF for 2013

My scene vote 2013 goes to WWZ granade sweep,just love that one : )

Nicke

MemX    97

As above, Oblivion was stunning for SQ, including Bass, but should we be voting on bass alone or the whole soundtrack?

As I write that I'm thinking just bass but Oblivion was so good IMO that it's a struggle not to vote for it!

nube    142

Vote for whatever 2013 release is your favorite bass movie for whatever criteria you want.  Some might look at the movie as a whole, some might focus in on the entire mix of a particular bass movie, some might only look at the bass content in the 2013 releases, and some might use some other (undisclosed) criteria.  There is no right answer beyond what's your favorite!  :)

maxmercy    336

Though I really enjoyed Kick-Ass 2, Elysium and Oblivion are better.  I give the nod to Oblivion for using lots of upper bass as well, Elysium rolls off the upper stuff, but seems to have more ULF.

JSS

MemX    97

Go on, vote for Oblivion, you know you want to ;):P lol

Another bonus with Oblivion is the M83 score that you can listen to without the dialogue over the top - as I have done several times!  There are several bass sweeps in the score, including the rope break scene, but aside from that it just seems to totally suit the mood of every scene.  If you've got the disk and not listened to the M83 score (selectable in the Languages menu) watch the film with just the score, it's still great!

FOH    4

It wasn't the best film, but in addition to the monument effects, I do recall some RPG(?) explosions on the ground guard shacks that also possessed a ton of energy... albeit brief relative to the monument stuff.    

edit, forgot to mention, Oblivion got my vote, wide variety of reasons, bottom line it just delivered, loved the visual aesthetic as well.  

Bossobass Dave    241

Oblivion.

I graphed 11 scenes for that one. That tells me all I need to know.

The drones were awesome… R2D2's evil brother on genetically modified steroids.

The flyover/landing scene is as good as it gets, IMO.

Toe    8

Oblivion.

I graphed 11 scenes for that one. That tells me all I need to know.

The drones were awesome… R2D2's evil brother on genetically modified steroids.

The flyover/landing scene is as good as it gets, IMO.

Be sure to place a vote then since we are tied at the moment. :) I noticed you have not officially voted yet.

nube    142

The poll's gonna stay up for another couple/few weeks, so no rush.  :)  I was surprised to see OHF making a comeback after what I thought was a commanding lead in the poll  by Oblivion.