dB will not be complete until

Kyle

Are you going to run the MAUL off of a battery (with it strapped to your back)?  :lol:

Seriously though, that little box looks quite respectable.  It's amazing just how much most Bluetooth speakers suck.  I hope it's a successful product.

Yeah.  More data would be nice, but might be tricky to explain.

It appears to offer two different modes ("outdoor" and "indoor") and also uses some kind of Dynamic EQ.  My guess is that the vented tune is around 45 Hz, but there isn't enough power (or flow area) to drive it real hard down low, so the dynamic EQ probably manages that and maybe also boosts the bottom a bit at low volume levels.That may be the "psychoacoustic part".  FR may vary a lot depending on sweep level.  At the same time, 75W through two pro-style 10" ought to deliver some decent mid-bass, which is where this thing will leave other similar products in the dust.

Edit: I forgot to point out the other "obvious" limitation of the speaker.  The top relies on a 1" dome tweeter.  It appears to be efficient, but it's definitely going to have limited dynamics, especially in the upper mids where it must extend to cross well with one of the 10s.  It doesn't look like there is even a waveguide.  Surely the DSP also has to hold things back there a lot at high levels.  I wonder why they didn't use a cheap compression driver and simple horn?  I guess the footprint would have had to be bigger for that, even if only a few inches?   I tend to think it would have been worth it, but who knows?  Maybe they tried it and thought it didn't sound good / couldn't optimize it satisfactorily.  Maybe they worried about dispersion being too narrow (even though the dome is going to have dispersion on that large baffle without a waveguide.  Either way, I don't expect this speaker to sound especially good, but it ought to pound out the mid bass.  :)