Sign in to follow this  
Kyle

Behringer inuke replacement?

1 hour ago, Kyle said:

On paper, that looks like incredible value. Did the inuke have DSP too? 

https://www.parts-express.com/behringer-nx6000-ultra-lightweight-class-d-6000w-power-amplifier--248-7014

Probably needs a silent fan mod like pretty much everyone else they make tho.

Yeah there was always a DSP version of the iNuke amps.

This is a simple rebranding of the iNuke amps, like Behringer seems to do with their products every few years. Not dissimilar to the old Europower amps. The 1500 and 2500 "changed" to the 3000 and 4000. Same amps, new look/label.

The iNuke amps are indeed a great value, imho. I own several and have quiet modded them with Noctua fans. I'm kinda annoyed cuz these look better in black than the silver iNukes I have already. 😛

Poor mans iTech 6000!  But the new fascia for these amps looks super high end, much better than the nukes.

Where you been Kyle? As Scott said it's basically an update to the cosmetics of the old inukes. I believe the guts have been confirmed to be nearly unchanged. There was some speculation that they worked on HF load invariance though. The new ones definitely look better.

Actually I don't think the new ones need a fan mod. So not only are they MUCH better looking, but in the short time I've played with one, I have yet to hear it ramp up. Granted there isn't any boost/eq of any kind down low yet but my friend is running 8 JBL CX1200's on one and we watched demo scenes and music at close to reference with known heavy and low bass and the fans never once spooled up.

Then again maybe they're broke...🤔😂

Man - I'd buy one just to get rid of the orange halos on the iNuke knobs. They do look much nicer. The only gripe I have with the iNuke's DSP implementation is the 20 Hz limit. 

• Like 1

They do look much better.  If I didnt have two Crown XLS2000s myself I’d look hard at these.

Would have solved my need for a MiniDSP and saved me some cash......

But then I found another pair of decent amps so I’d still need it since I’m gonna run 4 amps bridged to my 4 subs lol.....

Also hello madaeel!

On 4/8/2019 at 1:05 PM, Madaeel said:

Actually I don't think the new ones need a fan mod. So not only are they MUCH better looking, but in the short time I've played with one, I have yet to hear it ramp up. Granted there isn't any boost/eq of any kind down low yet but my friend is running 8 JBL CX1200's on one and we watched demo scenes and music at close to reference with known heavy and low bass and the fans never once spooled up.

Then again maybe they're broke...🤔😂

lol @ last line, 

either way, at least they are quiet :)

On 4/9/2019 at 1:07 PM, lilmike said:

Man - I'd buy one just to get rid of the orange halos on the iNuke knobs. They do look much nicer. The only gripe I have with the iNuke's DSP implementation is the 20 Hz limit. 

u love it, don't lie

But ya, if they created a 10Hz filter, its good game for everyone else.

inuke.png

At least they aren't blue. 

I read somewhere that I can shove an o-ring behind the knobs and significantly reduce the glow. I might have to try that. 

12 hours ago, lilmike said:

At least they aren't blue. 

I read somewhere that I can shove an o-ring behind the knobs and significantly reduce the glow. I might have to try that. 

Correct.  Someone else in AVS actually made custom fit covers for his.  I think he’d be up to make another set...

19 hours ago, Infrasonic said:

I shoved all mine in a closet behind the MLP.

😛

Not too many closets in my house, unfortunately. Poor planning on my part.

10 hours ago, EndersShadow said:

Correct.  Someone else in AVS actually made custom fit covers for his.  I think he’d be up to make another set...

I have a bunch of random O-rings out in the shop, I just need to see if I have any that fit the knobs. Clearly, this mod is high on my list of priorities.

On 4/12/2019 at 7:11 PM, Kyle said:

lol @ last line, 

either way, at least they are quiet :)

Haha yup that's all that matters. I know they're a little bit more than their predecessors but the looks, and silence upgrade, is well worth it. I personally would've never put one in my room, or a clone, just for the loud ass fans let alone that ugly faceplate. I got a newer FP clone for my near-field subs and I can hear the fans through my 3" thick door. 😐Yah I could do a fan mod but I'm not sure that's a wise idea on the clones and as soon as there's any sound then it's masked even at -40MV. So in my closet idc but for a lot of guys who use these amps it's an amazing upgrade and for $550/450 they're a bargain still for the DIY community.