Ricci's Skram Subwoofer & Files

Ricci

39 minutes ago, Ricci said:

Good deal. Those should work a lot better no doubt. Did you get more 152's or did you snag em out of the Skhorn to try these out?

I have ipals in the skhorns. The 152's were left over and sitting in a box.

After a couple days of building.. first one is closed and sounds sweet so far (no real testing or measurements done yet but will get to that before the end of the month hopefully :)

The Build was coming together quite nicely but it was still a bit challenging because we're limited toolwise and also woodworking-skill-wise ;)

If you just take your time and think through every single step twice (or more hehe) then this shouldn't be too hard to build though..

Here's some pictures of the progress so far, please be nice guys, second time building (and woodworking really..)

20190510_170148[1].jpg

20190510_171116[1].jpg

20190510_171108[1].jpg

• Like 1

Powersoft K20... some day hopefully ;)

NX6000 for now...at least I won't have to worry too much about limiting with one per channel, right? :D

So keen to get&post some measurements soon, output is definitely huge as one could say!!

The first test session with both was so good, lots and lots of undistorted bass leaving the mighty box.. Effortless and natural as many said before about your hybrid designs! 

It hammers every note down to the point where it feels like big slaps of air hitting you. 

If one dares to stick their head close it literally is breathtaking. Seriously.

Much respect and thanks again to you Ricci for taking your time to design this subwoofer and for making it available to the DIY community!

Please PM me with your paypal/banking details so we can send a donation your way!! 

Outdoor measurements couldn't be taken yet due to rain but I can try to get some 1Watt/1m/nearfield indoor responses if wanted. 

If someone wants to have a listen please don't hesitate to ask about my whereabouts in Germany.. 

Cheers, Nathan 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, LSC said:

The first test session with both was so good, lots and lots of undistorted bass leaving the mighty box.. Effortless and natural as many said before about your hybrid designs! 

Outdoor measurements couldn't be taken yet due to rain but I can try to get some 1Watt/1m/nearfield indoor responses if wanted. 

Cheers, Nathan 

Thanks for giving us some feedback on the results. I think you may be the first to hear these. I'd say I'm surprised by your impression of them but I'm not. Ha!

Some close measurements would be great if you get a chance. If you do try a few inches away in between the 2 sets of vents and a very close response in the middle of one of each set of vents.

On ‎5‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 9:56 AM, dsl1 said:

Tried some white duratex. Kind of cool.

oOK0yia.jpg

Two boxes are done. Driver fits! May put one more coat of duratex on. The white doesn't cover as well.

Hey Ti did you ever get a chance to put some voltage to these yet? Just wondering. Looked like you were about done a few weeks back.

20 hours ago, Ricci said:

Hey Ti did you ever get a chance to put some voltage to these yet? Just wondering. Looked like you were about done a few weeks back.

They've been done but haven't had a chance to run them. Failing over here. Life has been busy :(

56 minutes ago, dsl1 said:

David is where I got mine from. Sorry about that huge order!

No worries man.  If you need 100 or less, I can send them out.  If you order 500 like DS1 did one time, I’ll give you links to order directly, as he cleaned me out.  :)  Order info is below though you'll need to PM for my PayPal address.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/155-diy-speakers-subs/2258906-what-fasteners-you-using-big-drivers-3.html#post40276266

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Jesal said:

If I rearrange this right, I might be able to squeeze in two more Skrams LOL

Skram4.thumb.jpg.80e0b1f6cfa79c81e955c38a54978173.jpg

Holy cow, you should be doing alright with this setup :) That's like - four 21" drivers in a fairly limited space..! 

Have you done any comparisons between the two Skrams and the single SKhorn, I mean simply by listening to them? 

• Like 1