B&C 21sw152 4ohm

Leimahmood

hey every one

will get soon a pair of b&c 21sw152 4ohm drivers

i m looking for a good box design to use it for home theater specially for movies

solid punchy with good low basses

my mind was on othorn 

but most of ppls saying othorn is not good for ht use

my room size is 13.5feet wide 15.5 feet length 8 feet high

any hlep and advice will be appreciated thanks

Dual loaded or two single loaded? Ricci is in the design process of a single driver version of the Skhorn, don't know when it's gonna be(or if, but probably from the very generous person he is) it's gonna be available, last time I read something about it it was rather close to being finished tho.

6 hours ago, Ricci said:

It should be fine powering 2 21SW152.

For HT in a home you may want to build a simple ported box with a tuning in the 15-20Hz 

on uper post a member mention that u working on a single driver version skhorn so actually my mind was on skhorn

i have zero idea with building my own box how to calculate driver space and make a box

can u plzz make a box size for this driver which tuning u think is fine fir these

i have no problem with big box thanks

On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 3:30 PM, Leimahmood said:

on uper post a member mention that u working on a single driver version skhorn so actually my mind was on skhorn

i have zero idea with building my own box how to calculate driver space and make a box

can u plzz make a box size for this driver which tuning u think is fine fir these

i have no problem with big box thanks

I don't have a single version of the Skhorn style of sub done. I'm going to work on it again soon but it will probably take me months to get the SW's design and prints done and it may not be what you are looking for anyway. It's not supposed to be a HT sub.  I wouldn't wait on it.

31 minutes ago, Ricci said:

I don't have a single version of the Skhorn style of sub done. I'm going to work on it again soon but it will probably take me months to get the SW's design and prints done and it may not be what you are looking for anyway. It's not supposed to be a HT sub.  I wouldn't wait on it.

do they work good on sealed box

i have jbl mr918 pair on rmx5050 i used 30hz filter and i like that

but i m sure othorn is way better then these jbl mr918

seal box will need tons of power watts

can u plz suggest me a box size that is better for these driver

i most like the punchy bass that hit the chest 

if i make othorn box and filtered it to 30hz do they give me respons to 20hz in my small room.

7 minutes ago, Leimahmood said:

for port pvc pipe or wood ports like marty design box is good which one u like most

Since you want to use them for HT , i’d Use pipe 6” make it longer than the  measurements, I put up , that way you can cut off while testing, I have 12 *21” tuned @25 hz with a shorter port length , they are for pa use so I didn’t need them going lower.

9 hours ago, Father Francis said:

Since you want to use them for HT , i’d Use pipe 6” make it longer than the  measurements, I put up , that way you can cut off while testing, I have 12 *21” tuned @25 hz with a shorter port length , they are for pa use so I didn’t need them going lower.

my room is 13.5feet wide 15.5feet lengthy 8 feet high mention on first post

i often noticed when i put my old subwoofer 3feet ahead(subwoofer front from wall; not back side of subwoofer box) from front wall the bass response gose very flat which i dont like can i use the box depth like old subwoofer 18inch 

On 2/8/2019 at 3:21 PM, Ricci said:

I'm curious as to what you were thinking of.  One dead simple idea is to just take the double driver Skhorn, cut it in half and add a 3/4" wall where the center used to be along with maybe some extra bracing.

An additional idea would be to make mirrored pairs of these along with tensioning buckles or other hardware to bind a pair together into a temporary D.O. sub.  You'd want some soft material between the cabinets so that they can be bound together tightly without any buzzing or rattling.  So basically a pair would get you a Skhorn that you can more easily move as two separate parts.  What's not to like?  I think the hard part would be finding what kind of binding hardware works best.  Something ratcheting might be a good idea.  Maybe nylon strip like for tying down loads?  Ideas...

On 2/9/2019 at 3:21 AM, Ricci said:

what will b good for me

dayton um18 or 21sw152 is fine

here in our country both price are equal