Adire Audio is back?

Infrasonic

Was feeling nostalgic and did a Google search on Adire Audio tonight....

They are back and have stock? Waht?!

What day is it? What year? Did I wake up from a nap and now back in 2005? I know I've been out of the loop for a while but... Did you you guys know they were back? They have OG Shiva, Tempest, Brahma and even the Tumult on the site. Holy crap!

Adireaudio.com

Anyway. Just wanted to share you guys. Good ol' days, huh?

I wasn't around "back then" so don't experience any nostalgia, but I'm happy to see someone else enter the market.

I will say though that I hope they are doing some serious R&D because the products on offer look rather dated.  I gather that 15" was considered *big* in 2005, but a more modern line-up would probably come in 18", 21", and 24" instead of 10", 12", 15".  Also, I'd like to see more motor strength.  For not much more $$$ than their 12" goes for, one can pick up a B&C 21SW152, which has somewhat less Xmax but more than double the cone area and way more motor strength.  Even the Stereo Integrity drivers, which have lots of mass for low Fs and reduced bottom end distortion, don't whimp out on motor strength.

No I get it...It's a legendary brand and it is cool that they are back even if Dan W. isn't the head operator these days. I guess I was excited that they might be producing some new updated  designs along with revamps of the classics, but not so far. There's a lot more competition in high excursion drivers than there was a decade back. I'm not sure if the brand recognition and XBL^2 will be enough to generate sustainable sales. Best of luck to them regardless.

Based on what little I’ve heard, my impression, which could be wrong, but my impression was that the new people in charge aren’t necessarily engineers.  So it is possible it is a brand resurrection based on their previous good name.  I agree that it would be nice for new drivers to rebuild the reputation but I’m not sure if that will be the case but I hope I’m wrong.

Archived