Mattias Andersson

Othorn, a building story from Sweden.

Hey everyone, first I would like to thank you all members of this forum, you have inspired me to build myself some speakers. I also like to say, thank you Ricci for sharing the Othorn plan and giving all your support to me as a diy.

As you probably know by now I will start to build Othorns to make my soundsystem complete.

We are right in the beginning of this project, the speakers arrived today and the building start is not yet set.

My goal with this build is to make the Othorns to look like the rest of the sound system.

Please feel free to guide me through this project, ask for pictures if you like.

I will gladly share this building project with you guys, you have giving me so much and I'll like to give something back in return.

//Mattias

IMG_20180914_153047.jpg

IMG_20180914_153047.jpg

• Like 1

Today's to-do is to calculate inches to millimeters. If you take a closer look at sheet 4 and sheet 5 there are some measurements typed too close to each other on the plan, could someone please tell me what it says.

The plans are made in Solidworks. That is why everything is too detailed. They dont need to be down to the 3rd decimal. Some rounding is expected. Are you trying to cnc it? If not sketch out the path on a side panel.

We will made some parts in the cnc. Is it more preferable to cnc all parts?

Could you help me to sort out the numbers in the picture. Have a look at sheet 4 in the lower corner, numbers are also unclear in the top right corner of the side panel.

IMG_20180925_184426.jpg

IMG_20180925_191810.jpg

Check the Othorn files again. I put the original print in there. The dimensioning is clearer.

• Like 1