Ricci's Gjallarhorn & Othorn Files

xeph

6 hours ago, Ricci said:

I see I missed this question. How many TH-18's does DSL recommend? That'd be a good place to start. I'd think 2 per side would be a good start. 4 per side would be a whole lot more fun though.

Cool am thinking 🤔 the same cause I have to get the top away from one ears and above the head kind of , will sure put up some nice pics , we just moving into a new workspace, I love bass would like 16 of these . 🔊🔊

Hey Josh I just had a quick question. 

Going over the plans before they go to the cnc and i just noticed that the rebates in the side panels that fit the baffle and also the horizontal mouth brace are drawn in at 21mm wide.

Cant see anything saying they're supposed to be cut from 21mm... is this an error or am I missing something or reading it wrong?

And from that if the rebates are supposed to be 18mm, when I correct it do I shift bottom edge up to increase the mouth volume or the top edge down?

rebate question.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hello !

I just saw the Ricci's post on the Skram topic, it seems like the NX6000 could power a pair of Skram, would it be enough for a pair of Othorns (21DS115-4 loaded) ?

Here, in Europe, we have the Proline 3000 sold by Thomann which is enhanced on the net thanks to its price (600€)  and its performances on subs but its almost 2x the price of a NX6000 and 35 additionals kilograms.

What would be your bet ?

The Proline 3000 has been measured at 1800W/4ohm continuous instead of the 1500W announced.

Could the NX6000 follow up on huge deep bass lines ? For an entire night ?

Thanks !

• 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have now built my firs Othorn prototype and noticed that the front grill wont fill out the mouth perfectly. Would it make a difference if I make the total width of the following boxes smaller by less then 10 mm or 3/8". What will happen to the FR, compression, the -3dB point, delay time, cone excursions and output if I made this chance?

Yeah, I badly need those grills 😎

See topic: More Othorns to come.  

Best regards /Mattias Andersson

IMG_20200208_135554.jpg

IMG_20200114_200757.jpg

On 2/23/2020 at 4:13 PM, Arne said:

Hey Ricci,
thanks for the awesome plans. I am currently trying to build it and stumbled upon this:
On sheet 2 you defined the angle as ~86°.
On sheet 9 the corresponding rabbet is rectangular.
Is the angle wrong or the rabbet?

Thanks!

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Both should be correct. The rabbits should have enough extra clearance in them to accommodate joints other than 90deg. 

• 2 years later...

Hi all,

I'm a writer for Linus Tech Tips and we are very interested in building an Othorn (21SW152-4 already ordered). I'm wondering if there's any chance someone has a SolidWorks model available? The PDF and DXF files earlier in this thread are great, but a SW model would be a huge time save and greatly appreciated.

Also considering the Skram as an alternative to the Othorn as the Skram thread has SLDPRT files already.

Thank you!

On 6/13/2022 at 6:23 PM, Professionally_Curious said:

Hi all,

I'm a writer for Linus Tech Tips and we are very interested in building an Othorn (21SW152-4 already ordered). I'm wondering if there's any chance someone has a SolidWorks model available? The PDF and DXF files earlier in this thread are great, but a SW model would be a huge time save and greatly appreciated.

Also considering the Skram as an alternative to the Othorn as the Skram thread has SLDPRT files already.

Thank you!

Make a few posts and message me your email. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, nerdoldnerdith said:

Does the Gjallarhorn have enough clearance for a Rockford Fosgate T3S2-19? Hornresp shows that it actually models quite well for this driver, although I'm unsure if the driver can withstand horn loading. It's hard to see from the diagram how much room there is in there for the bulky driver.

No, the RF is over 15" deep and it would require significant effort to mount it like this, it's not meant for that.

t3s1-19_5-575x0.png

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
On 2/23/2020 at 4:13 PM, Arne said:

Hey Ricci,
thanks for the awesome plans. I am currently trying to build it and stumbled upon this:
On sheet 2 you defined the angle as ~86°.
On sheet 9 the corresponding rabbet is rectangular.
Is the angle wrong or the rabbet?

Thanks!

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

hey Arne - I was wondering if you would kindly share the plan sheets with me? any and all filetypes you have, im hoping to build a pair. if youre still active here and have a moment, my email is rian.adamian@gmail.com. thank you in advance for your consideration!