Sign in to follow this  
bmoney

inuke 6000dsp mod for less rolloff

This was covered over on AVS a long time ago but the cost of doing the mod (shipping your amp to the OP of the thread, having him perform the mod, and ship it back) would double or triple the cost of the amp. 

Not to mention voiding the warranty.

I thought these were tested to have a FR that was down 3dB at like 8Hz?

I measured mine (a 3K DSP) when I got it. It was a little better than that, my quick low-level sweep indicates the amp is -3 dB at 5 Hz, which is approaching the limit of the remainder of my gear, including my measurement rig.

Fan modding was required, but I haven't messed with the filtering. Heck, I'd repaint it and lose the orange halo rings before I messed with the internal filters.

I measured mine (a 3K DSP) when I got it. It was a little better than that, my quick low-level sweep indicates the amp is -3 dB at 5 Hz, which is approaching the limit of the remainder of my gear, including my measurement rig.

Fan modding was required, but I haven't messed with the filtering. Heck, I'd repaint it and lose the orange halo rings before I messed with the internal filters.

You mean I'm not the only one that doesn't like the initial magenta halo lights followed by the orange resting lights?  B)

• Like 1

You mean I'm not the only one that doesn't like the initial magenta halo lights followed by the orange resting lights?  B)

At least they aren't blue. Blue LEDs need to die in a fire.

At least they aren't blue. Blue LEDs need to die in a fire.

Speaking of which, does McIntosh have a patent on their pale green illumination? I mean, it is THEIR color after all these years but no one even uses a form of green. ...or any color besides blue, haha.