Ukko Kari

Faital 15PR400, BMS 4594 MTM

Now box # 2 has 4 sides and most all of the bracing glued and screwed in place. More biscuits were used compared to the first one,  and alignment of the panels is a lot nicer. Starting on #3, but weather is going to hold me up for a few days.

With parts cut in multiples and pre-drilled with the Kreg jig, assembly is a breeze. Also, it helps having 20 pistol grip clamps in addition to the corner clamps.

Now that I have spent time with voicing the speaker, I haven't worked up the ambition to dial in a crossover on the Behringer DCX 2496, and move to the QSC power amps. Not to mention the other projects on the go!

Cold weather puts a damper on working outside.

Tonight listening to music fairly loud, hitting the peak limiters in the iNuke 3000 DSP, suddenly I had red rings of death. I did have a saved preset file, and also some screen shots of the DSP settings.

The amp made 6 years before it failed.

• Sad 1

Well, that sucks. 

Still, for what they cost and what they do, 6 years isn't too bad, mine's actually coming up on that point too. I'll be sad when it dies, but I've gotten my mileage out of it.

Man....

Sorry to hear that. At least it went out in a blaze of glory.

Are you going to replace with another one or use something different?

For the moment I will just replace it with another. I have a bunch of filters loaded in a DCX 2496, but work has been crazy, lots of overtime and not enough free time to swap it in with a QSC. Fast and easy to flash another Nu3000DSP.

Crown should have taken notes from Berhinger on the user friendliness of the DSP.