Ricci's Skhorn Subwoofer & Files

Ricci

High density EVA foam might work if wedged in.  6lb/cuft should work very well if you can find it thick enough.   Make it oversize, put it in the freezer, take it out and fit it and let it expand into place.  

Cut it with a hotwire or electric knife to shape it..

JSS

• 2 weeks later...

I like cold and I'm bummed that it's broken 80 degrees F a few times over the last week here in Denver, Colorado.  March is supposed to be our snowiest month, but all we've seen so far is a bit of drizzle.  We even have a forest fire burning nearby already.

Yesterday was the day. Spent about 12hrs testing the Ipal loaded version in every configuration with the SP6000 amp and the K20. It's capable and after the equivalent of 6 full tests back to back, I can say it won't be easy to blow one. It's going to take a while to get through all of the information in detail.

• Like 8

Have heard this design mentioned a couple of times. Thought i better read up and catch up. Looks like I chose the right time! Ooh the suspense. Much more interested in the DS results personally.... Keep up the good work Ricci, my world is better because of you!

I hope this question is not too out of place here?

What PL glue do you guys use?

I guess it is NOT a foaming/expanding type of glue?

Loctite PL premium perhaps? 3x 8x....

The brand's down here in New Zealand are all branded different to what you have over there and I am trying to work out which product is the ideal equivalent down here.

Perhaps somebody from Australia will have a suggestion.

The brand's down here in New Zealand are all branded different to what you have over there and I am trying to work out which product is the ideal equivalent down here.

I used Loctite PL Premium 3x: http://www.loctiteproducts.com/p/pl_ca_prem/overview/Loctite-PL-Premium-Polyurethane-Construction-Adhesive.htm

• Like 1

You can get PL glue here in Australia. I used Supaflex glue on my first horn build years ago. BUT I bought PL glue as soon as I saw it was here. I used it when I lived in the USA and liked it the best for its squeeze out. Both are available here in Oz. If you buy PL I think you have to buy a box of it which is 12 tubes.

You can get PL glue here in Australia. I used Supaflex glue on my first horn build years ago. BUT I bought PL glue as soon as I saw it was here. I used it when I lived in the USA and liked it the best for its squeeze out. Both are available here in Oz. If you buy PL I think you have to buy a box of it which is 12 tubes.

Thanks guys, that answers my questions pretty much, although does it foam much? I have used other PL glues that foam quite a bit and get full of quite large bubbles.

There are a lot of PL glues available but working out which one is the right one is another story and getting advice/info from those that should know is hard work. Unfortunately, cheap American prices and competitive shipping rates will win the day this time, ie buying from amazon will be the same price(cheaper even) as buying here anyway and i know i will get the ideal/preferred formula.....

Thanks guys, that answers my questions pretty much, although does it foam much? I have used other PL glues that foam quite a bit and get full of quite large bubbles.

There are a lot of PL glues available but working out which one is the right one is another story and getting advice/info from those that should know is hard work. Unfortunately, cheap American prices and competitive shipping rates will win the day this time, ie buying from amazon will be the same price(cheaper even) as buying here anyway and i know i will get the ideal/preferred formula.....

Does not foam for me. It's awful stuff if you get it on anything / skin, but works great.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Ricci pinned this topic