SEOS-24, BMS 4594ND, Dual AE TD18H+

lukeamdman

Yeah I should have just gone ported from the start.  The only sure way to get some tactile feedback below 15hz is to get some Crowsons.  It's on the list lol. 

You had to satisfy your curiosity.  Someone (who has been conspicuously absent from this forum as of late) made a big stink about content under 10 Hz being audible, even in concrete slab basements.  I find it interesting that some people claim this to be so even though, at least in your case, no one could tell the difference between with and without under 10 Hz.

I can't blame you for going back to ported though if you can't tell the difference in your room.  I've wondered a few times whether I'd be better off going ported with my subs, but I simply don't have room for the large enclosures as I'd want to tune down to at least 12 Hz.  My room sucks there.  Maybe some day in a future room.

You had to satisfy your curiosity.  Someone (who has been conspicuously absent from this forum as of late) made a big stink about content under 10 Hz being audible, even in concrete slab basements.  I find it interesting that some people claim this to be so even though, at least in your case, no one could tell the difference between with and without under 10 Hz.

I can't blame you for going back to ported though if you can't tell the difference in your room.  I've wondered a few times whether I'd be better off going ported with my subs, but I simply don't have room for the large enclosures as I'd want to tune down to at least 12 Hz.  My room sucks there.  Maybe some day in a future room.

I had tried sealed before (quad sealed LMS 5400) and reached the same conclusion then, but that was in a different room.  With the new room + the riser I had to give it another try. 

• 3 weeks later...

I had tried sealed before (quad sealed LMS 5400) and reached the same conclusion then, but that was in a different room.  With the new room + the riser I had to give it another try. 

You need to try 32 LMS's each with 4k, then put a low pass filter at 20Hz and another high pass around 80Hz for your mains just to make sure you have a 3 octave gap in your response. Then you will hear 10Hz easy

:D

Archived