(8) Sealed Incriminator Audio Judge 21" build

lukeamdman

Ummm yeah. I'm kinda worried for Luke here ... about that.

His style for amplifiers has firmly been in the "not messing around" niche. Even two CC5500's will not likely be enough for all those.

This is gonna hurt his wallet.

I guess a nice projection system will have to wait until next year. :D

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How's the amplifier situation looking? Pair of bridged CC5500's? I know your wallet doesn't want to hear this but eventually you'll probably want a pair of big boy amps on these 8 drivers.

Ummm yeah. I'm kinda worried for Luke here ... about that.

His style for amplifiers has firmly been in the "not messing around" niche. Even two CC5500's will not likely be enough for all those.

This is gonna hurt his wallet.

I guess a nice projection system will have to wait until next year. :D

Ha!

The pair of CC5500 is doing ok,  but I already beat you two to the punch on this one.  My very first post mentioned a pair of SP2-12k or K20's as a possibility in the future :D

Mike will be here in a few hours and then the heavy lifting begins. 

Ha!

The pair of CC5500 is doing ok,  but I already beat you two to the punch on this one.  My very first post mentioned a pair of SP2-12k or K20's as a possibility in the future :D

Mike will be here in a few hours and then the heavy lifting begins. 

Lol! Just as I worried....

A PAIR of SP2-12k's or K20's?

Good lord. Definitely not messing around.

No, but in free air it was a little surprising, so this was a "just in case" thing so I wouldn't regret it later. 

Oh, okay. That is much more common. I thought for a moment you could hear it through the cab. Yikes!

With and Re of 1.5ohm per cab, it's a match made in heaven for a SP amp. 

tom-cruise-sunglasses.gif

Can you give us a time frame of when any listening impressions will be posted?

Loud. Bone shaking. Violent. :)

Basically awesome. I thought they sounded really amazing, even though they're very stiff and need at least 100 hours of break in time.

I'm sure you are looking for more critical impressions. ;)

Were you running them full LFE bandwidth without the Othorns just to test them out? Do you feel like you'll even need the othorns anymore? Wait, that's a silly question.

Man, that's nice you guys have each other to help move things around and then give additional listening impressions. I have been wanting to yank down my top boxes for a few months now and just go 4 boxes all the way across the front wall for some time now, but it takes three guys to maneuver the boxes off the danleys and steady it down to the ground.  I mean I can get a couple of buds over to help me do the lifting, but the fun impressions after? Yea, they will just say it sounds the same and that's pretty much it :)

Were you running them full LFE bandwidth without the Othorns just to test them out? Do you feel like you'll even need the othorns anymore? Wait, that's a silly question.

Man, that's nice you guys have each other to help move things around and then give additional listening impressions. I have been wanting to yank down my top boxes for a few months now and just go 4 boxes all the way across the front wall for some time now, but it takes three guys to maneuver the boxes off the danleys and steady it down to the ground.  I mean I can get a couple of buds over to help me do the lifting, but the fun impressions after? Yea, they will just say it sounds the same and that's pretty much it :)

It was hilarious what it took to move the dual-opposed boxes after we stacked them, because even before stacking the Othorn on top, those two boxes weigh ~600lb's combined.

Mike actually put his feet all the wall and pushed off of it to slide the stack!  I should have taken some video,  because I was almost passing out from laughing!

It's a good thing that wall is double-studded with two layers of 5/8" drywall, or else his feet would have broke right through the wall. 

Can you give us a time frame of when any listening impressions will be posted?

I was pleasantly surprised with the sound.  I think they're very "punchy" and dynamic.  Really nice slam on some dubstep. 

Before they break in the Fs is ~36hz, so they're not as clean below 20hz as they will be in about a month.  I could definitely detect some harmonics when content below 20hz was played, but the Fs will lower all the way down to ~26hz after they finally break in. 

Archived