2. 2. Recommendation?

Tomorrowland - DTS HDMA 7.1

Level - 4 Stars (111.08dB composite)

Extension - 5  Stars (1Hz)

Dynamics - 5 Stars (32.73dB)

Execution - TBD

Overall - TBD

Recommendation - TBD

Comments - Full bandwidth track, terrific sound design.  Unfortunately, clips in LCRS on loudest scenes, but didn't find it too objectionable like in T:Genisys.  Movie is not  for everyone, but I liked it.  Two very low ULF hits account for the spike down low.  They are there on purpose. 

post-20-0-75931400-1449948516.jpg

JSS

Surprisingly good film with great sound. I thought the Bass was very well done, those futuristic weapons in the scene where they shot that shop to pieces sounded so damn good. Voted 4 stars, because while the bass that was there was really good, there wasn't enough of it to warrant 5 stars for me.

Surprisingly good film with great sound. I thought the Bass was very well done, those futuristic weapons in the scene where they shot that shop to pieces sounded so damn good. Voted 4 stars, because while the bass that was there was really good, there wasn't enough of it to warrant 5 stars for me.

Well said and agreed!

I have to say, as great as the sound/bass was, the big star of the show here IMO was the PQ.....WOW! Cant remember the last time I was this impressed with PQ on my screen.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Watched this last night with my wife, well sort of.  We both started falling asleep.  I could tell pretty early on I would have no interest in it. 

That said, I thought the sound was fantastic which is why I checked data bass today to see how it was rated here.  I love this kind of bass - never boomy and you feel it much more than you hear it.  I checked the volume after turning off the movie and was surprised to see that we were watching at -5, I never have the volume that loud when watching a movie with my wife.  

Goes to show that it doesn't matter how good the sound is though, if I don't like a movie it still won't keep my interest.  

Archived