SI 4" coil DS4-18 info and discussion

Electrodynamic

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know but Im still interested in hearing what its future is planned to be at this point. I plan on pre-ordering at least 2 but if they are going to be a limited run I may want to get more while they are available.

edit: and pre-orders are supposed to start before April

Sundown took over the HT18 sales to and it was the last run for those. I think my question is a legitimate one. Not sure why you two are opposed to me asking it.

Nope, want to help. You've got me curious about this, too. Just saying Sundown might be the quicker source to an answer for your question:

It's been in the works for a while now and I'll make at least one small production run of them and see what happens. I've talked to Jake at Sundown Audio and he will be taking over the sales and support on the 4" coil 18" as I will no longer be involved with direct to consumer sales.

"..It's been in the works for a while now and I'll make at least one small production run of them and see what happens. I've talked to Jake at Sundown Audio and he will be taking over the sales and support on the 4" coil 18" as I will no longer be involved with direct to consumer sales..."

thanks i didnt see that. Sounds like a "see how it goes" type deal. Maybe Nick will pop in and add to that

• 1 month later...

My apologies for not being more attentive to this thread - I've been busy building BHS-24's and HS-24's lately and they wear me out so I don't get on the forums much at night.

The new DS4-18 production run is finished and will be here shortly. We are keeping the release information close to the chest with this one and no prototypes will be sent out for testing prior to production drivers getting here to avoid any "that was a prototype" de-railment that was thrown around with the HT-18's even years after they were released though nothing was changed from prototype to production on the HT-18's. I got tired of saying the same thing over and over again so this time I will avoid the possiblity of having to state that there were no changes from prototype to production all together. Only production drivers.

So what exactly was changed on the DS4-18" woofers from the prototypes? I think I read something over at AVS from a guy that knew a guy that said the build house mentioned an additional shorting ring was added to smooth out response and lower inductance.  Care to comment?  :D  :P 

So what exactly was changed on the DS4-18" woofers from the prototypes? I think I read something over at AVS from a guy that knew a guy that said the build house mentioned an additional shorting ring was added to smooth out response and lower inductance.  Care to comment?  :D  :P

Haha. Yeah, I also added Fibutron and OAF fibers to the cone to make the subwoofers more "snappy".  :P  B)

• 1 month later...

Seems like the eagle has landed.....

Now how about those Kipple Measurements.. :lol::ph34r:

I'm pretty sure Nick met the guy in the Walmart parking lot and dropped off his woofers to be measured.  I think the guy says he has a full Clippel system in his mom's basement.  LOL.  Just kidding Nick.

Archived