Do I have to be "that guy" and post this here - monster 24"?

Electrodynamic

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nick, follow your own thoughts there and stop letting these kinds of people online get to you.

Don't let internet trolls dictate your actions.

It's really hard for me not to. Especially when I see the post for the first time and react before sitting back and thinking about who said it and what is being said. Like bosso said, this is a hobby for 99.9% of people on the boards and they don't care about repercussions because it's easy to sit behind their computer and blast every [any] nit-pick detail hoping that someone else will jump aboard too. Just like the pages of mis-directed information over at AVS for the "false claims" of Xmax. Klippel tests have verified over and over again that our FEModeler is usually on the low-side of predicting Xmax and KLIPPEL verifies the BL curve and percentage of BL drop over stroke. Not Le over stroke. But the latter is enough for a blatant hate-parade to de-rail the thread. 

I build the HST, HS, and BHS drivers by hand. I also use FEMM to determine what spiders to use, coils to use, motors to use, etc, to achieve the desired result. I would happily sit back and never say anything if all I did was go into a speaker parts room, grab an arm-full of parts, threw them up in the air and hoped they resembled a speaker when they hit the ground. But that's not how it happens.

And unfortunately it's not only at AVS. A few choice people blew their lids over on DIYMA when they found out that ADI (Acoustic Development International - one of Dan Wiggin's companies) helped out with the sourcing of parts for the BM mkIII. As you can imagine a few of the choice people (one of them was even an amplifier manufacturer) started saying how they were going to use ADI and come out with a new version, sell it for $200 shipped, etc. And of course nothing ever happened. But it is that same mind-set...the mind-set to sit behind their computers and lash out at companies over any trivial little thing so they can scream CONSPIRACY!!! and expose the "real truth" only to find themselves not going through with anything that they mention because it costs more money than they have access to. 

But anyway, I build and design the drivers. I don't just throw money at the wall and see what sticks. And the latter is why I'm not going to sell many of my products direct anymore.  B)

I also second the notion of glitter bombs, haha.  :lol:

I don't think DIY is a bad dude.  Somewhere along the line I think he got the wrong impression about what that initial Beast GTG was all about and then it's just snowballed from there on and off for the past year.  I think it still deserves some discussion so that hopefully all parties can reach a less bitter resolution.  I know it annoys a lot of folks at AVS having to see it but it is what it is. 

Do I have to be "that guy" and post this here...  I don't think DIY is a bad dude either... I think he's a complete asshole

met de vriendelijke groeten

Leon

Hey Nick is there any way you can start a new thread here about your new DS4 18"?(maybe in between your time you have throwing money at the wall for new designs. :))

I like seeing the threads here anyways because I dont have to worry about them being deleted and most of the people here are the one's opinions I even care to hear/read about. :D

And LilMike did you come up with any simulations yet for this new BHS 24? :) I am sure it will be small. lol

• 1 month later...

Someone finally gave you a chance to do it! Awesome! Looks like they turned out as great as I'd hoped they would. Man, those have got to be some beasts to hear.

I've missed out on so much cool stuff lately...

115lbs and $1899...Time for a neo motor.

I don't think Nick's idea of a neo motor would be much of a weight savings.  :)

post-1164-0-31535400-1450431558_thumb.jpg

Archived